Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else purchased a XBOX One or PS4? (Or both)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Also I have a wii u and think it is pretty great.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I purchased a PS4 on launch day.

It's a nice gaming machine, with the only real annoyances being the crap that continues to pile up around Battlefield 4 and occasional "hangs" when attempting to enter the PS Store (really silly, Sony, since I usually want to spend money when going there, but cannot when I wind up not being able to get in).

In June 2013, I purchased a new 27-inch iMac. That, too, is a sweet little machine.
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Why the Wii U is doomed: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...e-inside-story
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Well now that Asher says it's doomed how will I enjoy the immensely fun games I have been playing on it?

They said the 3ds was doomed too. IDGAF about that either. But anyway, lo and behold, as soon as they release pokemon it sells like hot cakes. I'll bet when the new zelda comes out (or smash bros) the thing will fly off the shelves, but if not, whatever.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

What HC said. Wii U has lots of great games you can't get elsewhere. PC and Wii U is all I need.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

can you describe the wiiu? is that the motion controller and if so, does it also come with regular controllers?

I'd like a golf game and having to actually swing sounds very cool, but if the game still sucks I'd rather just go with something else.

I read somewhere the 2004 Tiger Woods EAsports version is the best - and Tiger and EA aint doing more games

what are the better golf games for PCs? Is TW 2004 available on PCs?

still haven't decided what to get

Comment

Wii U can use the motion controllers of Wii, but the main controller is a pad with a screen. Looks like a bigger DS without the extra screen. It is good to use. You also can use a PS3-esque pro controller.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

thx, I'll have to see what wiiu has in the line of golf sims

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Well now that Asher says it's doomed how will I enjoy the immensely fun games I have been playing on it?
                    Enjoy it if you like it. It's a stupid console and Nintendo needs to be punished for it.

If idiots stopped buying their **** consoles, they'll actually publish their games on real consoles. Then everyone wins.

But people buy just enough consoles to feed their arrogant attitudes, so they keep niching themselves into oblivion.

Comment

IDGAF

Nintendo 4 lyfe

Comment

What exactly makes the PS4 or the Xbox One better than the Wii U? Slightly better graphics won't make a game more fun.

Comment

Especially since pretty much all xbox one games and ps4 games I care about are on PC. I can just use my PC if I want good graphics.

The wii u also has the nicest netflix/amazon video/youtube/hulu app I've seen on a TV appliance. The controller works pretty well as a remote, thanks to the touchscreen, plus it has a built in universal tv remote. Very convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
                            What exactly makes the PS4 or the Xbox One better than the Wii U? Slightly better graphics won't make a game more fun.
                            Slightly better? That, my good sir, is more than a slight understatement of the XB1 and PS4 capabilities. Essentially, the WiiU is the equivalent of an old XBox360 or PS3. *shrug* It does its job, for sure, but it in no way is comparable in power or capability to the XB1, PS4 or, for that matter, a lower-end PC.

If he's so inclined, I'll let Asher provide the tech specs, since I have a really good book I need to get back to. ;-)
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
                              1) Non-****ing retarded controller
                              2) System architecture that's not torture to develop for = happier developers = better games
                              3) Non-ancient hardware
                              4) A real online system

I'm not talking slightly better graphics. We're talking about an order of magnitude difference in computational power, not to mention technical featureset.

The Wii U is an embarrassment technologically. The Wii was as well, but they had the wiimote gimmick that was surprisingly profitable and popular. But people think the Wii U controller is a joke, which is why it has suffered two very disappointing Holiday seasons.

The Wii U is for simpletons, manchildren, and preschoolers. Make no mistake about it.

Comment

Simply:

PS4: 8GB RAM @ 176 GB/s
                                Wii U: 2GB RAM @ 12 GB/s

PS4: 8-core CPU @ 1.6GHz (102 GFLOPS max)
                                Wii U: 3-core CPU @ 1.3GHz (14.4 GFLOPS max)

PS4: 1152 AMD 8000-series compute units (1850 GFLOPS max) (circa 2013 GPU tech)
                                Wii U: 320 AMD 4000-series compute units (352 GFLOPS max) (circa 2008 GPU tech)

You'll say it's all about the games, who cares? I have two arguments for that:
                                1) If that was true, why not just keep playing the Wii?
                                2) The WiiU has **** for games, which is why no one cares to buy it

Edit: and the Wii U is $299, PS4 is $399. Only an idiot would think the Wii U for $299 is a good deal, to be honest. You're being taken for a ride.
                                Last edited by Asher; January 14, 2014, 10:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X