Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8.1 Problem

Warning!
    Once I updated from Windows 8 to 8.1, game screen would not play full screen. So I figured I would just uninstall and reinstall the game! Well it wont get past the install screen.

If I find a way to fix it I will post here!!

Hope you find a solution.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Well since I had a complete backup of my computer. I just went back to windows 8! Pain though to have to reload all the software I use! But there were just too many things in Windows 8.1 that were driving me crazy!! Some of the problems when I searched online, I was not the only who had those problems. Microsoft should not do this to people, most are just users and will have no clue why things don't work right!
      It was Not just this game not installing - I could have lived with that, I do have it on my older laptop!

Comment

Several things...

First off, you really should not upgrade to W8.1 any more than you should upgrade to ANY operating system...do a clean install of W8.1 and you will reduce a great many of headaches...

Second, I have W8.1 and had no problem installing SMAC/X via Good Old Games...if you can't get the installation disk to work, consider paying the 7 dollars to get it from GOG....

Finally, you should have no problem simply copying the files from the CD, putting them on a flashdrive, and then playing off of the flashdrive...you won't have it "installed" on your computer but you can play the game just fine...

Comment

Working...
        X