Civ style game but Much Faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ style game but Much Faster?

I don't play games often but I like Age of Empires and have played Civlization before. I feel Civilization is a neat game, but I feel it is crazy slow in its pace. The longest AOE sessions I've played are maybe 3-4 hours, and maybe 6 for the longest ever, but I find that it will REGULARLY take most of your waking hours just to play through a single scenario Civilization, especially the more complex scenarios. While I like the game underneath, I think this is a serious design flaw and cuts the appeal to people who don't want to be totally enslaved and zombified by a video game mechanic. To me its not 'fun and games' after the 10th ... or 16th hour ... just a slow grind.

So, does anyone know if it is possible to tweak the game to go much faster (like 5-10 times), or have any recommendations for a game better suited to more casual players? Ideally games which can be played in sessions less than 2 hours?

I think CIV V's pace is slow as well. Try changing the pace to Quick, possibly downloading mods to increase it further. Also smaller maps make for quicker games.
    www.playnswap.com
    Trade video games for FREE!

Comment

Working...
    X