Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Else Find Watching Simpletons Discuss Technology To Be Oddly Reassuring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have days where I just can't wait to get to work but many other days where I wish I was retired already. Hopefully soon.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      Hopefully soon.

i think depression BS is my problem

the last legit job I had involved taking the train... an investment research gig downtown

by day three, the idea of throwing myself in front of the train was bothering me a little much

i wasn't able to spend much time at my sister's old place because of such things as well... their place was on the 17th floor
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Yeah, the train blows. When I was younger I made a pledge that I would live close to work and usually was within a few miles. Life was grand. But then the company I was working for (that was located right next to the race track in Arlington Heights) moved down town. I had too much time invested in the place to start fresh somewhere else so went along with it.
        My 8 minute commute turned into a 55 minute train ride and more time getting to and from the train station. But hopefully for not much longer.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• ugh

My brother-in-law works at charles schwab downtown and takes the train. I dunno how you guys do it.

and my dad did that too for almost 20 years

sheesh

i can barely stand a ten minute ride to costco
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
            ugh

My brother-in-law works at charles schwab downtown and takes the train. I dunno how you guys do it.

and my dad did that too for almost 20 years

sheesh

i can barely stand a ten minute ride to costco
            I try to solve problems in my head related to my work... of course, sometimes instead I just dwell on whatever problem I am facing (coming up with the perfect email or thing to do, and promptly forgetting). I very much wish to decrease the commute and just go for a walk when I want to work on the problem in my head.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• what do you do to pass the time?

my dopamine level crashes, so time seems so much longer... an hour ride would "take longer" than most of my days now do
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• In the mornings on my way in I try to sleep.
                In the afternoon on the way home, I read until I nap.

One advantage of getting old.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You know what would REALLY help education, tech-wise? A content filter that can be configured by the teacher on the fly. Right now my district has this douchebag censor that restricts pretty much everything, including Wikipedia. It doesn't work--students have learned to use UltraSurf, which was made to bypass the Great Firewall of China and thus slaps the school censor around like a little *****--but it is tremendously irritating. If teachers were given the power to set up something akin to an ACL as-needed (complete with implicit deny-all), students could access whatever content the teacher deemed appropriate, and nothing else. I imagine even UltraSurf might have a problem with something that restrictive. Not sure, though. I know it changes its IP address many times per second, but I don't know if that includes spoofing necessary addresses like the local DNS server or something.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                  X