Accessing the old scenario files from Conflicts/FW discs on a 64x computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing the old scenario files from Conflicts/FW discs on a 64x computer

I recently found my old discs (original, scenarios/conflicts, FW) and was hoping to play some of the old scenarios for nostalgia's sake. Problem is, I get all sorts of error messages when attempting the installs. I have the game already and the MPGE patch to run and the game works fine, I just need a program to run old install files. I've seen virtual box for vista, would that contain programs that access old file types? If so could I then access and install the scenarios to copy and paste them back out of the virtual box to my regular hard drive as other scenarios I've downloaded online do, so I don't have to continue using the virtual box each time I play... Sorry if this is an obvious question, my expertise is medicine not computers.

I may be misunderstanding you (and two months late besides) but ... it sounds like your cd is autorunning and starting the install ... the solution would be to Press and hold the SHIFT key as you insert the CD in your CD-ROM drive. Then you can Explore the cd from My Computer and c/p the files you want. if i've completely misunderstood you, apologise in advance.

Comment

If you have MultiPlayerGoldEdition already installed, you shouldn't need the CIC and FW discs. MGE came with all of the previous game's scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
        If you have MultiPlayerGoldEdition already installed, you shouldn't need the CIC and FW discs. MGE came with all of the previous game's scenarios.
        How it is possible to play without CIC?

Comment

Working...
        X