Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best sources of information on Alpha Centauri?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best sources of information on Alpha Centauri?

I've been researching this game for a while now, and there seems to be many different websites to look into. Can you old timers give me a comprehensive list of where to find information?

I would also like to know where I can find players who explain their games in-depth (ideally, with downloadable saves attached). I have trouble getting beyond Librarian difficulty, so I'm starting to think I may have got the basics all wrong.

Regards

That wiki contains many technical details but little gameplay content that i could find. Here are a number of posts geared towards beginning players you may find of interest;

Early expansion advice
    Vels guide, his freeware edition

And since you specificly mentioned librarian level, ill toss this one in for good measure
    Developing bad habits on librarian level

The advice in these sources isnt perfect nor do they go into super deep depth but you wont be able to improve on them much until you master the game;they offer good stepping stones.
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Look at the AARs (After Action Reports) at http://alphacentauri2.info, along with other such stuff. If there is a particular part of the game that has you stuck, post a question about it, here and there.
      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Thanks bros

Comment

Working...
        X