No announcement yet.

Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then he shouldn't have used it as an example to make a point. Which is all that I said. But yes, not a surprise.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If Ben only talked about things he understood his posts would consist entirely of basic astronomy facts and Catholic dogmas.

Comment

• ...okay, so who's up for some cribbage?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I have many fond memories of playing rook with my siblings. This thread has ruined that for me ... thanks Obama

Comment

• Not three months ago, BK failed basic English grammar. That he's not good with the rules of an obscure old-person card game is not that big of a deal by comparison
            Elok:

English doesn't use the imperfect tense
            Kenobi:

Yes it does.
            You were wrong then and still wrong now. Asserting that you're 'right' when you were wrong is just plain ignorance.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• If Ben only talked about things he understood his posts would consist entirely of basic astronomy facts and Catholic dogmas.
              Which is two more than Gribbler.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I'm crying into my copy of 'D!ck sees Spot run' now.
                That you kept from Grammar school?

Comment

• Nikolai's link suggests that if you are using aces, they are high, so it's even more confusing.
                  Not if you consider that I believe Henry VIII to be the highest card that could be played in this situation.

Comment

• Oh wow, you've suddenly found some human compassion for a poor woman who was basically hacked to death? Good, you should feel compassion for her. Now, how about you find some for the 300 odd people who were tied to a stake of wood, surrounded with more wood and then set fire to?
                    Under Henry?

You don't think they might just have suffered a bit more standing there feeling themselves being slowly cooked alive?
                    Sure, but I have little patience with folks who burned other people getting burnt when the tables turn. Hey - don't like getting burnt at stake - don't burn other people!

I don't recall Jesus telling the early Christians to rise up in armed rebellion to try and overthrow and kill the Romans. Which part of the bible did that happen in again?
                    They didn't. That's the point I'm hammering home. Catholics were executed for stating that they believe in the sanctity of Marriage (More, etc), or for trying to go to mass, performing Mass, or in the case of some, "being a plantagenet and Catholic".

There was no rebellion - it was pure tyranny.

Comment

• i've already demolished you over henry. i thought we were talking about elizabeth. i'm telling you that someone dying in prison is not the same as them being executed. do try to keep up.
                      And I'm talking about folks who actually were executed.

yes some were killed for their faith, no one has ever disputed that of course.
                      Everyone has disputed that, saying that it was 'rebellion' and that the executions were justified. No - they weren't justified. Not under Henry, not under Elizabeth.

numbers which you have consistently tried to inflate.
                      I haven't even mentioned the Famine yet either.

around that time, a lot of people died for their religion. all the various 'heretics', the patarini, the dulcinians, the waldensians, the lollards. the victims of the albigensian crusade, the hussite wars, the inquisition, the counter reformation, the wars of religion in france etc.
                      I find it telling that someone can recite a laundry list, but hasn't even heard of the Pilgrimage of Grace. See - this is the historical distortion that needs to be corrected.

Comment

• Name them. Provide the list, or remain a liar.
                        Actual named people? Since you're already in Catholic Encylopedia looking through the martyrologies, you have them already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          English [uses] the imperfect tense
                          another fantastic example of you being proven wrong and then coming back with the same ridiculous assertion.
                          Last edited by C0ckney; November 2, 2013, 06:50.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

And I'm talking about folks who actually were executed.
                            then provide some evidence for your claims. for both henry and elizabeth.

Everyone has disputed that, saying that it was 'rebellion' and that the executions were justified. No - they weren't justified. Not under Henry, not under Elizabeth.
                            no they haven't. no one has. please stop lying.

we're talking about the numbers. you have constantly tried to inflate the numbers killed by protestant monarchs and minimise those by catholic ones. you have been corrected several times, by molly and myself, yet you continue to post them.

I find it telling that someone can recite a laundry list, but hasn't even heard of the Pilgrimage of Grace. See - this is the historical distortion that needs to be corrected.
                            you mean the pilgrimage of grace that i mentioned in post 393, which you replied to. imbecile.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                              another fantastic example of you being proven wrong and then coming back with the same ridiculous assertion.
                              I don't know who taught him how English "was spoke," but they did a meh job of it.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Sure, but I have little patience with folks who burned other people getting burnt when the tables turn. Hey - don't like getting burnt at stake - don't burn other people!
                                You think the 300 odd people burned by Mary had all burned other people? Are you stupid?

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                There was no rebellion - it was pure tyranny.
                                Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                The Revolt of the Northern Earls didn't happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X