No announcement yet.

GTA 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up Sleeping Dogs when it was on mega-sale on Steam a couple months ago, finally got around to starting it last night... quite enjoyable so far.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yeah. I had trouble getting into it. It's pretty. The controls on PC are a little wonky. It seems made for consoles.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

All these games take some getting used to the controls. I enjoy the atmosphere, and the player character is actually likable (so far).
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          The simcity thread was a story of Wiglaf creating a hilariously dysfunctional city and Sava and me dealing with the equally hilarious consequences in our own.
          And thanks to the beauty of the Simcity cloud that everyone here bashed, that city is still in existence, frozen and waiting for me to return to save it Unlike my dog Washington the city will never die, and at least no one is drinking **** anymore and the fire trucks no longer leave half the city unsupervised

Comment

because a file on your hard drive would have been lost by now?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This game effectively models my morning commute

Comment

I believe you.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Finally found time to invest in this game and goddamn is it good so far. Missions are so much better and all the characters are far more interesting than Niko Bellic.

Tonight I had one of those classic GTA runs that made the earlier games so great and were almost entirely missing from IV in my experience. I was doing the Trevor mission where you
                      Spoiler:
                      have to steal the celebrity's golf club from him on the golf course
                      and it was so damn fun that I ended up redoing it four times just so I could make it go down in an appropriately Trevorish way. 3 out of the 4 attempts were hilarious in their own unique way, which is a welcome change from the dreariness of IV.

After I finished the mission the right way, I wanted to go celebrate and decided to cruise around the island at max speed because the Bob Seger song on the radio was so good. That was followed by Gerry Rafferty, which turned out to be a surprisingly great song for driving 100+ on the freeway at night in a bullet-ridden stolen car. Finally "What A Fool Believes" came on when I returned to Los Santos and I realized that
                      Spoiler:
                      the classic rock DJ whose "Loggins" nickname I had earlier thought was just an unclever reference is actually Kenny ****ing Loggins. How the **** did they even get him to be in the game?
                      Then I shot a dude in the face at the wheel of his SUV for flipping me off after accidentally bumping my busted ass car, and casually walked Trevor back the block to his safehouse and put him to bed before the cops arrived.

GTA V is excellent across the board, but they seem to have managed to recapture that intangible quality that made Vice City and San Andreas so fun, which is probably the highest praise I can give it. Great game.
                      I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

I just walk around the tony neighborhoods and clock uppity *****es in the back of the head. IT NEVER GETS OLD.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I like to drive around the Alamo Sea and run over every tweaker I see in a golf cart or on an ATV.

Comment

I don't understand why they hate hiking so much that they Jul my ass with a mountain lion.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I also got my 80% strength stat for Trevor after running up and punching some rich lady in the face in front of the jewel store in Rockford Hills. Made me lol.

Comment

I get blowjobs from hookers, murder them, pick up another and get another blowjob by the dead bodies.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X