Happyness from +8 to -23 in one turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happyness from +8 to -23 in one turn

Something "unexpected" happened. In one turn my happiness dropped from +8 to -23. There was no world congress, nor did I invent something or change my ideology. The only thing that I can think of is that during the processing of the other players I noticed that 2 civs adopted autocracy while I use freedom. ( so now 3 civs with Autocracy, me with freedom and the other 8 nothing yet). Not any warning whatsoever....started processing at +8 and ended it with -23

Anybody can explain this?

That is exactly what happened. I'm not sure the formula, but check your ideology page and you will see your discontent. I went from positive to -75 in 3 turns once. At that point I just quit.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin View Post
      That is exactly what happened. I'm not sure the formula, but check your ideology page and you will see your discontent. I went from positive to -75 in 3 turns once. At that point I just quit.

Mike
      Glad I am not alone. I did the last 3 turns again (my last save game. ) to recreate it and indeed it was the ideology. Although the influence of the other civ's was really low (as was mine on their civ's). I too had to stop for it was impossible to get back from such a disaster (I had already build almost everyhere happiness generating building.)

The effect of this is way too unbalanced....

Comment

"We're free! But we want to be oppressed!"

"Yeah! It's not fair that we get to be free when they're ruled by dictators!"
        I don't know what I've been told!
        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
        Love to press the Buster Switch!
        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
          "We're free! But we want to be oppressed!"

"Yeah! It's not fair that we get to be free when they're ruled by dictators!"

Comment

Comment

The happiness formula is really screwy sometimes, a big flaw to game play if you ask me. Don't even try to understand it.
              www.playnswap.com
              Trade video games for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be View Post
                Glad I am not alone. I did the last 3 turns again (my last save game. ) to recreate it and indeed it was the ideology. Although the influence of the other civ's was really low (as was mine on their civ's). I too had to stop for it was impossible to get back from such a disaster (I had already build almost everyhere happiness generating building.)

The effect of this is way too unbalanced....
                And it happened again. I think the problems is related to the Brazilians. Only I and the Brazilans have already an ideology. I am "Freedom" and they are "Order". And yes they have an influence of 40 while I have only 22 (still second best). Again not possible to resolve so I had to stop this. This is really a very bad feature of this game...

Comment

You can't neglect the influence (tourism) war, or things like this happen. While I agree that sometimes the change is too abrupt, you needing to take care of other culturally influential nations' ideologies is a good thing IMHO. If you share religion and open borders with a culturally powerful neighbour, it's reasonable to expect that your people will feel some kind of affinity towards them.
                  They should allow more options to counter / curb such influence though.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be View Post
                    And it happened again. I think the problems is related to the Brazilians. Only I and the Brazilans have already an ideology. I am "Freedom" and they are "Order". And yes they have an influence of 40 while I have only 22 (still second best). Again not possible to resolve so I had to stop this. This is really a very bad feature of this game...
                    You are correct.

They should maybe rename the ideologies too. It feels (maybe as western european) weird that my people want to go away from Freedom to an authoritarian rule while they are better off in food, wealth and happiness (the turn before the sudden conversion). I would understand when for instance You are in a war that you are losing or when having famine etc...). I know it is a game but it feels weird.

Comment

Working...
                    X