No announcement yet.

The Lynching of George Zimmerman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's extremely difficult to find an anti-Zimmerman screed that does anything more than attempt to tug on your heart strings ("Martin looks so innocent in his elementary school photos"), or a pro-Zimmerman screed that doesn't stink of racism ("Martin word hoodies and listened to hip hop")
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I think the anti-Z screeds are also fueled in large part by racial issues. The asumption seems to be automatic that Zimmerman didn't like him because he is black. The report also mentions how it is very unlikely that Zimmerman is racist based on past actions. Is that bunk?

Which of these other things are false?

TM had experience with MMA
      TM had a burglary tool in his locker at school
      TM had stolen property in his locker at school
      TM had a history of being agressive in word and deed
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'd say that the second and third shouldn't be considered relevant - a history of theft doesn't translate to being prone to commit assault. I'd say that the first by itself shouldn't be considered relevant (lots of people including me learn martial arts without ever committing assault), but the fourth should definitely be considered relevant and that in that context the first should also be considered relevant. That said, I've never found a source that makes the fourth claim that doesn't also stink of racism, so I don't know if it's true or not.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I think the possibility of criminal involvement is relevant in considering reasons for Zimmerman to be interested in a person loitering in the neighbourhood, which is something else the OP video aludes to (4 mnutes to walk 100 yards).

Too bad the major media have not helped establish any of this as fact or fiction in the rush to join the dogpile on Zimmerman.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's just easier this way.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
              I think the possibility of criminal involvement is relevant in considering reasons for Zimmerman to be interested in a person loitering in the neighbourhood, which is something else the OP video aludes to (4 mnutes to walk 100 yards).
              Zimmerman couldn't have known about the contents of the kid's locker so how is it relevant to Zimmerman's interest in him?

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                Is she a Laplander?
                While I've nothing against a little experimentation, anything that has her "landing" in my lap sounds a little rough for my tastes.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                  I think the anti-Z screeds are also fueled in large part by racial issues. The asumption seems to be automatic that Zimmerman didn't like him because he is black. The report also mentions how it is very unlikely that Zimmerman is racist based on past actions. Is that bunk?

Which of these other things are false?

TM had experience with MMA
                  TM had a burglary tool in his locker at school
                  TM had stolen property in his locker at school
                  TM had a history of being agressive in word and deed
                  1. don't know if TM did, but Z certainly did.
                  2. N/A
                  3. N/A
                  4. Dunno, possibly?

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    Zimmerman couldn't have known about the contents of the kid's locker so how is it relevant to Zimmerman's interest in him?

Combined with the loitering claim it is possible the young man was scoping out houses.

It certainly undermines the racial profiling narrative.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                      My misunderstanding and my apologies to you and yours.
                      No apologies necessary, I left it ambiguous on purpose.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                        Dear Abby,

I buy watermelon drink but am almost an albino in colour. Should I beware portly Hispanic looking gentlemen ? I don't eat Skittles though I do eat African food.

Which U.S. states would it be a good idea to avoid ?

Yours, m.b.
                        I avoid them all. Last week I was about a 15 minute drive from the border.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                          Did they mention they way Trayvon was cake-walking and whistling at white women gave Zimmerman no choice but to kill him, for the defense of everyone?
                          well there is that...I never thought of it that way - unfortunately the jury probably did!
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

If Zimmerman was lynched then why isn't he dead and hanging from a tree? This seems like just another desperate attempt by the right wing to pretend they're the victim instead of the murderers, as usual.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

So was Trayvon beating the snot out of Zimmerman or not?

Comment

that video presents some pretty compelling evidence
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X