Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Randy Travis going to die?

NASHVILLE, TN -

Country music star Randy Travis was in critical condition Monday in a Texas hospital, a day after he was hospitalized viral cardiomyopathy.
    A news release from the singer's publicist says Travis was admitted to the hospital Sunday in Dallas and is in critical condition. Kirt Webster, Travis' publicist, sa
    Viral cardiomyopathy is a heart condition caused by a virus.
    The illness is a continuation of a tough run for the 54-year-old "Three Wooden Crosses" singer after a handful of recent high-profile appearances, including a performance during the Country Music Association Festival's nightly concert series.
    Travis pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated in January following his arrest last year when he was found naked after crashing his Pontiac Trans Am.
    Travis was sentenced to two years of probation, fined $2000 and given a 180-day suspended jail sentence. He was required to spend at least 30 days at an alcohol treatment facility and complete 100 hours of community service.

yes

some day

Comment

I hope so. To be honest I'd masturbate in celebration if he died. There's no excuse for DUI

Comment

all that cracker music money and he was driving a trans am?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
          I hope so. To be honest I'd masturbate in celebration if he died. There's no excuse for DUI
          To be honest, you'd masturbate anyway. It'd just be like those times when somebody on the production crew of a show dies and they slap a "this episode in memory of Bob Dworkin" blurb on at the end of the one they were working on when he croaked. Bull****, dudes, you would have made that episode anyway, and you didn't have Dworkin in mind at any point until he got in a car crash during post-production. Anyway, he was, like, the key grip.

I had no idea who "Randy Travis" was. I thought I did--I figured he was the one black judge on American Idol--but it seems I was wrong because black people aren't allowed to play country music. I believe they use those "invisible fence" collars somehow.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Randy Travis was a huge country music star in the mid-80s and early 90s, part of the vanguard of the traditional "real country" movement.

He has had some personal issues, both before and after his stardom. Example: He had an affair with his married legal guardian, Lib Hatcher, while on probation. She divorced, moved to Nashville and became his wife and manager.
            When his career began flagging in the 90s, he switched to gospel music.
            His career has remained pretty much in the toilet.
            His forehead is really big.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

He should be okay until at least 2014.

ColdWizard didn't pick him.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Randy Travis was a huge country music star in the mid-80s and early 90s, part of the vanguard of the traditional "real country" movement.

He has had some personal issues, both before and after his stardom. Example: He had an affair with his married legal guardian, Lib Hatcher, while on probation. She divorced, moved to Nashville and became his wife and manager.
                When his career began flagging in the 90s, he switched to gospel music.
                His career has remained pretty much in the toilet.
                His forehead is really big.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  all that cracker music money and he was driving a trans am?
                  ...found naked after crashing his Pontiac Trans Am.
                  Pontiacs are great to drive naked. I think that's the real reason GM discontinued the line.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

my buddy had t tops in his z28
                    they leaked
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

THAT is why I did not get them.
                      Heard that they leaked.

Comment

i remember spending an afternoon helping him seal them up
                        was a pain in teh ass
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

duck tape?

Comment

Who?
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

That dude who did the songs for Toy Story. It seems he turned to country music and developed a huge forehead.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X