No announcement yet.

Big changes in the life of Nikolai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your diet is better than that of many others. The important thing is it works for you.

I'm not an expert, but have been doing a lot of reading lately. An interesting idea I've come across is the idea that 'nutritionism' can be counterproductive when people focus too much on one aspect of diet (fat, sugar, natural, etc) and pay too little attention to others. It's very complicated, because there are many different ideas out there that are derived from plans having different goals, or means of reaching the same goals.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Nikolai
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Nikolai
        Thanks.

Another 0.5 kg down from yesterday to today.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Do you really not know what water weight is? Also have you asked the Jon Shafer twink for weight loss tips in between your regular suck sessions?

Comment

Try a mostly Vegan Diet

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
            Bananas are great for keeping the blood sugar okay when excercising, true. Not effective enough if you have low bloodsugar in my experience. But potatoes is okay to eat for diabetics, that and rice is what most dinners include for me. Together with fish, chicken and pork, and vegetables, that is what most of my dinners is made up of. I normally don't make sauce. Suffice with broth or only spices.
            Please take a look at a book called "The China Study". I believe the dietary recommendations in that book will also help your condition quite a bit.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I've seen the China Study get pretty roundly ripped.

There's a whole other cult that says eat mostly fat and protein, and eliminate grains, dairy, and legumes.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Good for you Niko.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My weight continues to plummet. Down to 122 kg, which means I've lost almost 10 kg in 2.5 weeks. To celebrate this, I went on a ~45 min walk in the good weather and ate a small popsicle.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

A year on, and counting. Down to 98-99 kg, been there for a couple of months. Never going up, but mostly staying on the same numbers. Been away for two weeks, so I'm not sure, but I think I might have lost a little more. In any case under 100 kg is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                      A year on, and counting. Down to 98-99 kg, been there for a couple of months. Never going up, but mostly staying on the same numbers. Been away for two weeks, so I'm not sure, but I think I might have lost a little more. In any case under 100 kg is great.
                      How tall are you?
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

hang tough and good luck with that.

x wife was diabetic. my last wife (current) has epilepsy. those seizures are scary mother F*ers.

diabetic... I can make sugar water paste in seconds... and I know to wrap your finger with a towel - they can bite.

epilepsy sucks... all you can do is ride it out.

it's a hard one. I surprise they don't have something for diabeties yet.

Comment

pumpernickel and rye are among the best breads for diabetes, they digest slower... Sweet potatoes are good, regular not so good.

keep losing weight and adding muscle, many cases of diabetes can be reversed enough to reduce or eliminate meds.

I need to lose weight I'm "pre"-diabetic

Comment

Woot Nikolai
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              How tall are you?
                              Ca 1.78.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                                pumpernickel and rye are among the best breads for diabetes, they digest slower... Sweet potatoes are good, regular not so good.

keep losing weight and adding muscle, many cases of diabetes can be reversed enough to reduce or eliminate meds.

I need to lose weight I'm "pre"-diabetic
                                Sweet potatoes taste so so, through. But I've tried them. In my case the diabetes is genetical, and I have a massive insulin resistance, so I will always have to use meds, unfortunately. But losing weight certainly helps. I've gone from tahirt size 4xl to XL, btw. And I think I've lost ten sizes in pants. Replaced my suit twice the last year. Expensive to switch out the entire wardrobe.

Comment

Working...
                                X