How to mod roads/railroads out of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to mod roads/railroads out of the game

I want to remove the equivalent (subspace/transwarp corridors) from the Star Trek mod.

Thanks
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Invert the polarity and force the dilithium crystals to 140% power.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

star trek mod?
        sounds awesome

if it's an improvement, look in the relevant xml file
        i currently dont have a civ 4 install to look at and tell you the exact filename

an easy way to disable it would be to look for the tech prereqs for the improvement... and do the following:

make a new tech that cannot be researched
        make the improvement require this tech

i'm sure there are easier ways to get rid of it... but removing an improvement altogether may create dependency issues if instances of the improvement appear in other files
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Sava.

Yeah, it's a pretty good mod, worth reinstalling civ4 for (which will also enable you to help me out better):
          : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...o=file&id=6201

This is kind of funny. Last time I was testing I was still unsuccesful in my attempts to remove roads/railroads, but now I've loaded the game again it seems I no longer can build them. I'm not sure how I did it.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

This thread can be closed now.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
              Thanks for your reply Sava.

Yeah, it's a pretty good mod, worth reinstalling civ4 for (which will also enable you to help me out better):
              : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...o=file&id=6201

This is kind of funny. Last time I was testing I was still unsuccesful in my attempts to remove roads/railroads, but now I've loaded the game again it seems I no longer can build them. I'm not sure how I did it.

i will downloads st mod
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Roads, railroads and equivalents are generally defined in the Civ4RouteInfos file, in the Misc subdirectory of the XML directory of the Mod.
                So explore that file first.

The cost of building them up is defined in the Civ4BuildInfos in the Units subdirectory. These are, at least, the two files you'd have to modify.

Comment

Thank you for replies!

Comment

Working...
                  X