How to get a multiplayer game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a multiplayer game.

I have been playing Civ since the days of the Amiga and I have never found anyone amongst my friends who even likes the game, finally I have met someone who wants an MP game.

However when I try to log in via the menu it just hangs after I put in my Gamespy log-in.

Now I havent been on GS since the days if Total War:Rome or Medieval 2 (which ever was the later of the two) so I thought it may be an expire profile, but I'm still able to log into GS or IGN as it seems to be now.

I ony have the vanilla version (from the box-set from a few years ago that had the card game with it). I have patched to 1.74 and searching the net hasn't yielded any answers, so I'm turning to you guys for some advice.

Do I need to find and unofficial patch? Get one of the expansion packs? Re-purchse via steam? Or do I give up all hope?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Well a few people have read my plight, but no answers so far.
    I don't care how I get a MP game, I just want one! Whats the answer? Direct IP? Couldnt fathom Pitboss either.

Comment

Just go to the MP lobby and you'll find plenty of people.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases.Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymanbob View Post
          I have been playing Civ since the days of the Amiga and I have never found anyone amongst my friends who even likes the game, finally I have met someone who wants an MP game.

However when I try to log in via the menu it just hangs after I put in my Gamespy log-in.

Now I havent been on GS since the days if Total War:Rome or Medieval 2 (which ever was the later of the two) so I thought it may be an expire profile, but I'm still able to log into GS or IGN as it seems to be now.

I ony have the vanilla version (from the box-set from a few years ago that had the card game with it). I have patched to 1.74 and searching the net hasn't yielded any answers, so I'm turning to you guys for some advice.

Do I need to find and unofficial patch? Get one of the expansion packs? Re-purchse via steam? Or do I give up all hope?

Thanks for your help in advance.
          MP lobby is the best to get a multiplayer.

Comment

scrutinize

Comment

Direct IP have always been the most fun around here.
              Every time I go to the lobby, it's always guys that try a real risky start and quit if it doesn't work.

So search for a group of guys that are willing to stick it out.
              Go to Multiplayer forums and look for groups.

For me Friends worked best. And the gloating is always better.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You can get it from MP loby.

Comment

Working...
                X