No announcement yet.

Downtime notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I can see, it is now working as it should be without doing anything.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

So what happened with the recent hack and how can we prevent it from happening again?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW right now "respond with quotes" and "edit post" don't seem to be working. I know you guys likely have been working over time just to get the forum back up after the hack, thank you for that btw, but I thought I'd start making a list of features which seem to not be working correctly at the moment.

Comment

Apolyton was hacked and our data was replaced by a splash page of the 'hacking organisation'.
          Because our daily backup was just being replaced by the new one, I had to put the weekly backup back in place, which caused some days of data loss.

We have also been replaced to another host at Rackspace to prevent a new hacking attempt to succeed, so fingers crossed.

Anyway, we're up again. I hope you all were able to do some useful things with the extra time Apolyton's downtime gave you
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Nice to hear from you, Robert

I suggest the next time a similar thing occurs, causing a downtime, you or Martin send emails to the staff members to maintain contact and to inform about. It would prevent some anxiety
            Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
            Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Indeed (and pop on in to one of the other fora, like CFC, which have threads about most downtimes).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Nice to hear from you, Robert

I suggest the next time a similar thing occurs, causing a downtime, you or Martin send emails to the staff members to maintain contact and to inform about. It would prevent some anxiety
                Maybe a facebook group so people can see what is going on even if the website gets hacked or is down.

Comment

Glad the site is backup. What may Apolyton a target? Just because or is there something more sinister?

Comment

Since the downtime, it seems that one can't edit ancient posts.

It's me or something like that is general?

Thanks.
                    -astro
                    Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                    Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Okay, two new ones - I'm suddenly getting this annoying pop-up at the bottom of every page informing me that "This webpage wants to run the following ad-on: 'SVG Veiwer 3.0 for Netscape' from 'Adobe Systems Inc. (unverified publisher)'.

I'm not running Netscape, and there's not button to tell the pop-up to go play in traffic, so it's there on every. single. page.

-Also, attachments don't seem to be working, so I can't show you a screenie.
                      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I'm getting a similar notice... maybe its an 'uncle' thing? I don't plan to download it, but it won't go away. Has changing hosts changed the requirements for accessing pages?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I'm not an uncle and I'm not having this problem. QED?
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

We were hacked again, I did a restore.
                            Working on a permanent solution.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Why not just delete Apolyton?
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

what the ****, plomp? Did you leave the keys in it and running While you ran in to grab a pack of smokes?
                                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                                X