Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cradle IV

OK, its posted...

Cradle IV is now available for download...

Link Here

Make sure you also download the CTP2 patch from Activision too

Install Call To Power 2 > Install Activision Patch (download from Apolyton, located in the CTP2 section) as well as Modswapper > Launch the game through the Modswapper.exe, located in the Call To Power 2 folder > Pick your play option through Modswapper...if it is a Scenario or Map, you will also have to reselect the Scenario or Map through the normal CTP2 Scenario selection process.

(I believe that the installation has a complete version of Modswapper already incorporated in the download so you may not have to install Modswapper)
    Last edited by hexagonian; May 21, 2013, 11:41.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

I have CtP2 purchased from GOG.com, I heard something that it's not compatible with mods, is it true?

Comment

I have no idea, since I play using the original disk. All I can say is give it a try...
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

The Mod also includes a Gigantic World map, an Asian map and a Middle East/Europe map with specific civs placed based on historical starting points.

The Scenario is based on the conquests of Ghenghis Khan.
        Last edited by hexagonian; May 20, 2013, 23:03.

Comment

The Cradle Mod currently does not work through the Source Code project. As much as I'd like to get it to work, I probably will not try to make it work because it appears that the SC Scenario Editor does not work, and Cradle IV is primarily for future Scenario construction. You are welcome to try to get it to work and if you can, let me know and send me the files too...
          Last edited by hexagonian; May 20, 2013, 23:10.

Comment

Oh, how sad, dude I'll totally play your mod!

Aww, shucks, no apol edition of this mod?

Your link is down The scenario works, but the main one no, it downloads a 208KB file
            Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
            OK, its posted...

Cradle IV is now available here on Apolyton. Head over to the CTP2 Download section...

There are two separate downloads.

The main download has Cradle IV and there is a smaller download that includes the pre-made maps (World, Middle East/Europe and Asia) and a Ghenghis Khan scenario. I would strongly suggest that you install this over a clean installation of CTP2 that will be devoted exclusively to Cradle. You will also need to launch everything though Modswapper when playing, including all maps and the Scenario. The map and scenario options are not meant to play on random maps either.

(I believe that the installation has a complete version of Modswapper already incorporated in the download so you may not have to install Modswapper)
            Last edited by thistleknot; May 6, 2013, 19:07.

Comment

I sent a message to Martin, hopefully he is still around (BTW, did anyone have success downloading the Mod). I have provided a link, courtesy of Thistleknot in the first post of this thread.
              Last edited by hexagonian; May 20, 2013, 23:07.

Comment

btw, your pic for v iv has vi listed, and the file I think downloads like that

Update:
                It would also be nice if you had just the add-on files (I do like the modswap addition, but I can tell this is specifically for the non sourced version, as when I tried to copy and paste it into the sourced version and overwrote all, it broke the sourced version).

so instead to get it to work, I copied, but didn't overwrite on the 1st (i.e. the core), and overwrote on the second (scenario pack) after verifying each file wasn't a core file.

So if you had just the additional files, this wouldn't happen, and a player could use your files for either/or.

However, THANK YOU for the mod!

Update #2:
                Also, it would have been nice to have had a slow technology option. I prefer a x3 tech cost or x4, requires increasing tech costs (I use ctpedit for that) as well as a g.year edit for various .txt files. I'm going to honestly play your game for about 200-300 turns before I edit it since you graciously provided it to me via email
                Last edited by thistleknot; May 7, 2013, 19:51.

Comment

I was moving a unit, and apparently there was an enemy unit there (I never saw it), so I was attacking something (early game, less than 40 turns) and this error popped up

First error bug, I believe it's your .slc file

FAI_CheckGroupage#tmpUnit: is not an integer.
                  Line: 273
                  File: .... CRASLH_frenzy.slc

I did a check on FAI_CheckGroupage,

same file, defined on line
                  259 and used on 360

Comment

Originally posted by thistleknot View Post
                    btw, your pic for v iv has vi listed, and the file I think downloads like that
                    I noticed it a week after the upload...eventually it will get fixed because it is also part of all the movies.

I packaged the files the way I did because the maps and scenario have not been extensively tested and some players might not want a bunch of additional Modswapper options. If there are glitches in those setups, the patch download can be small. All of the graphics for the scenario are part of the main download and there shouldn't be any file overwrites.

The crash is something I have not seen (are you attempting to play this through the Source Code...if so I cannot advise anything). The few times I do have a crash, I reload the autosave and usually that fixes the problem.

Comment

yeah, I'm retrying by ensuring I have proper add-ons only, I noticed a lot of files were skipped overwriting with the way I had it copied before... so I did a winmerge to see what was change with an unsourced version, will get back with you, I don't mind not using the new AE version (yes I do, I'm lying), but I gave it a shot first
                      ye tell me about modswapper options (I think that should be the default package distribution, but since I have the hd space, I'm just making new dir's of the old ctp2). Anyways, I have a copy that shows just the diff's using winmerge, it's really large tho... 403MB from a patched un AE version).

Update: I think I got past the prior error, I didn't apply it to the ae version appropriately the 1st time.

On a side note: I noticed I can't attach some barbarian slingers with my warriors, but I can other barbarian units.
                      Update: NM, it was an incorrect sprite for my scout
                      Update again: it is the sprite, it's not my sourced version. I even fired up with non sourced version, and the scout is defaulting to the warrior icon.
                      Last edited by thistleknot; May 9, 2013, 05:42.

Comment

I'm not sure how bugged the source version is, but it's still tracked by Martin.

And if you used it for your mod, you might be able to get past the 64 barrier for building's (and I think there is another variable that is limited to 64, ah yes, wonders).

Of course there's a slight benefit in keeping things simple

Comment

WOW, modding your mod, I've come across a few errors (i.e. using ctpedit v53)
                          line 622 of your crarr4h_feat.txt
                          line 911 as well

an extra space. ctpeditv53 is a great tool to be using to check your mods without actually having to load everything. The mere fact of ensuring they can load inside the tool ensure's they can load in the game (at least a little bit anyways).

Comment

I just looked at your fast mod vs how I was doing my slowmod... derp...

I could have just modded the KnowledgeCoef of govt.txt vs increasing all the costs... gosh damnit. That would have fixed all my graph issues!

However, I think you should modify the risks.txt last barbarian turn as well. I did a search for all entries that had time, turn, round, and g.year, duration in them.

You also didn't modify any of your g.year in slc files (such as CRASLH_traits.slc) or duration in feat.txt

I finished making a x4 slow tech mod using coefficient vs increase tech cost.

Question, how would one go about modding the productioncost of buildings. It's a grey territory, the problem is, more buildings can be built, so tech research is faster when I'm trying to constrain everything to 1/4 timeline, but... if I modify all the building productioncosts, shouldn't I do the same for units? I don't really want to, I want lots of armies draining productions of cities, so I actually want to keep unit costs the same, but was thinking of raising building production costs by say double...
                            Last edited by thistleknot; May 11, 2013, 08:42.

Comment

Ultimately, I had to use your mod in the non sourced regular patched 1.1 version, it was crashing oddly at turn 55 (of a mod I made).

So playing with the modded version of your game, I'm on turn 200, but that's really like turn 50 your game, I hope to report once I get to turn 800 how things are going, because that should be turn 200 your game.

On a side note though, the wonder movies come with no text.

Comment

Working...
                              X