Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious thread to encourage old posters to come back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious thread to encourage old posters to come back.

One thing poly does have is a data base with tens of thousands of old posters along with their email addresses. Even if we only assume half of those email addresses are still good then we're still talking about a significant number of people who are technically still registered here but who have stopped actively participating in forum discussions. This is a tool we should be using. I have seen other forums send monthly updates out to all the members on their email lists which just update major things happening on the forums, what is going on, and (most importantly) reminded them that the forum still exists. By including a link to the forum in such a mass update email we can make it easy for old members to come back and at least say high and maybe, just maybe, a certain percentage of them will get sucked back into the forums and once again return to being active members.

Personally, I think the email list is a major unused asset for this forum which could help to drive posters back and to make the forums more active. What do the rest of you think?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Spmming people to come back
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Many people probably selected the DON'T EMAIL ME option
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's a good idea when civ6 will be released, I think.
        Indeed we have to keep the "Don't e-mail me" option in mind as well. Being a spam-forum isn't going to help us.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I don't even have the same email address anymore...
          (+1)

Comment

Im glad Apolyton regulars are still around, just strolling through, great to see the likes of Ming & Rah still contributing, and after a short review of OT Shark tank, same old predictable arguments and postings by same people.

Take care one and all

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Did you guys do this in the end?
              (+1)

Comment

I doubt it.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
                  Im glad Apolyton regulars are still around, just strolling through, great to see the likes of Ming & Rah still contributing, and after a short review of OT Shark tank, same old predictable arguments and postings by same people.

Take care one and all

Gramps
                  8 years ago I posted and reminisce about many different people who have come and gone. Take care alll!!
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I am here in the background but the continuous crap that Kidicious spews out is enough to keep me from really getting involved too much, and things seem a bit, well, quiet. I feel sorry for Ming constantly trying to reason with this loon but nothing getting through.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

i do think there is something special about poly. i do.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                        I am here in the background but the continuous crap that Kidicious spews out is enough to keep me from really getting involved too much, and things seem a bit, well, quiet. I feel sorry for Ming constantly trying to reason with this loon but nothing getting through.
                        That's why I left. OMG...He was just to much.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I have meant to come back multiple times but come here then completely forget to come here the next day.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

As life has moved along since those days and nowadays I have a lovely wife and a family to care for ... well they where nice good times, but now life has other purposes for me and as a game-a-holic, with serious civ-a-holic syndrome, I always have to be very careful to not let it take control over me anymore... (Hey, I'm finally considering to buy myself Civ VI ... if I was to play it at some point.)

But I do remember those days and also Apolyton from time to time - but returning here for active debate is not an option for me anymore.

The goals in life have evolved and maybe one day as our teenager has left the childhood home I might once again look for palces like Apolyton, but for now... my interest lies elsewhere.

PS. I could see and read the Oldies hidden forum until I logged on to apolyton. Then I was told to not have right... Well if I'm not an oldie... then who is?

Comment

Fixed.
                              AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                              JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                              X