Repeating turns bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeating turns bug

I'm playing a game right now as Deidre on Transcend, and have been experiencing a strange anomoly. Every so often, I get to play the same turn (ie, MY does not increase) again, sometime for three of four turns.

For example, I got to play MY 2364 twice, 2368 three times, and 2370 at least five times (I lost count).

I just recently got a new computer, and reinstalled SMAC, SMACX and the SMACX V2.0 patch, hopefully all correctly. It is a Athelon 1GHz, 256 MB of RAM, and a sweet little ATI video card. I'm wondering if this is a known bug, and if I possibly failed to install the patch correctly.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Fitz,

I recall this happening to me a long time ago, and I remember someone mentioning it last year on Apolyton, though where I cannot say. Sorry I'm no help, but I do know that others have seen this happen also.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Yes, I've seen this happen (might be my post you remember Sik). Usually on large/huge maps, always on SP games, so recently I have no occurrences. Last time I saw it was when playing the Ultimate Builder Challenge set by zsozso, and it was subsequently confirmed by at least one other player of the same scenario.

I don't think it's a problem with the installation, and I don't recall anyone having an explanation for it.
      Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
      X