Horsie's sunday selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsie's sunday selection

Because I'm turning into an old fart, turning 50 this year (aaarghh! ZZZZ), mellowing at an alarming rate, I like sacred or soothing music on Sunday more and more. So I thought I'd put a few offerings together.

Please feel free to add your own favorites, I don't mind spamming (of course) but want to see if we can keep religious and other debates out. My first is not even religious, but I find it inspiring. When the crowd sings alone at the end I get a chill, hope you like it

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

whatever floats your boat, lol
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

that was awesome Sloww

from another age, I can imagine the monks in their fortified monasteries singing this as the Turks and Tartars swirled below, an orthodox favorite, worth waiting for the voices to literally soar, builds slowly

also good background music for your pixel army battles

Comment

Today the soundtrack is gentle waves caressing the limestone cliffs and white sand. (I prefer louder surf, but this'll do.) Probably lots of kids laughing and some crying. I don't plan on crying. No doubt there will be some dance mix and/or karaoke music emanating from a bamboo hut nearby.

Comment

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

This is rather good, including the imagery

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                  whatever floats your boat, lol
                  It's worth posting, because it's one of the most misunderstood songs out there. The guy behind Current 93 (David Tibet) is a devout convert to Catholicism and nearly all his songs are about faith (albeit a strange and, at times, heretical faith). "Lucifer over London" is actually about rejecting the devil- he spends most of the song building up infernal images using all the usual Satanic trappings, and then at the end he rejects it all. "We're sick, sick, sick of 666."

It got covered by the Black Metal band Rotting Christ, who completely missed the point and now get merrily mocked by Current 93 fans.

Comment

Here's something more conventionally Sundayish.

Comment

a nice shag on sunday morning gets the day off to a good start

Comment

Sunday... extended breakfast day with the family.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                          It's worth posting, because it's one of the most misunderstood songs out there. The guy behind Current 93 (David Tibet) is a devout convert to Catholicism and nearly all his songs are about faith (albeit a strange and, at times, heretical faith). "Lucifer over London" is actually about rejecting the devil- he spends most of the song building up infernal images using all the usual Satanic trappings, and then at the end he rejects it all. "We're sick, sick, sick of 666."

It got covered by the Black Metal band Rotting Christ, who completely missed the point and now get merrily mocked by Current 93 fans.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It even has a religulous title- 'Host Of The Seraphim' by Dead Can Dance :

And remember- the poor are always with us.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Horsie- if it's a bonkbuster you want, try the whole of Harold Budd's 'Pavilion Of Dreams' album- especially good on a warm lazy sunny Sunday morning...

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X