Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
    Thank you Tupac Shakur.

Also you are correct that no one was black in Simcity 4 however a beaner was prominently featured: http://www.simcitycentral.net/images...ctc_noob13.jpg

Wasn't one of the other advisers black? And another one Asian?

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

That is the most racist mod I have ever seen. You never said anything about racist mods. "We got a traffic jam stewing" from a Carl Winslow adviser. Disgraceful.

Comment

My Sim police just shot a criminal dead in an office building, then took him to jail.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spark_2013-03-06_17-51-22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	9094823

The crime scene

Comment

Actually more fond of this one. ****ing donut thief got what was coming to him.Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	9094824

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Apparently, the game only runs on one thread; they could probably have much larger cities if they allowed multithreading. To say nothing of the fact this is supposed to be a city builder, not a macro version of The Sims.
              The agents thing is not embarrassingly parallel. There'd be a fair amount of inter-thread communication needed for the most computationally intensive component.

Anywho, I like the idea of the agents change. It makes it a bona fide simulation. It's simulating the microscopic parts of the city in order to simulate the macroscopic parts.

If I were going to multithread the agents I would split the city up into 4 quadrants, and give each quadrant a thread. Communication between threads would be limited to what roads travel across quadrant boundaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                They have done no such thing. They have said that, yes, we'd like to have bigger city sizes, we'll try to make that happen. We have no idea if it'll be a patch, or paid DLC, or an expansion pack, or something they do for SimCity 2015 when EA shuts the servers down for this version and no one can play it anymore.
                News tells you that you are wrong: http://www.shacknews.com/article/780...ize-expansions
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

No. Did you even read the article?

"That is just a performance decision," Quigley told IncGamers. "Given that was the performance constraint we decided to work under, we built a larger region environment and a bunch of the multiplay to work with 2km cities. At some point in the future, especially with mainstream computers become more capable, we could certainly make the city sizes larger."
                  We could. Not we will. And absolutely no indication of how this would come about, if at all.

Comment

Yes. Did you even read the article?

He said that as a mainstream game, it needs to run on "your dad's PC" as well as yours. But as PCs get more capable, he claims the update will come at some point. "We'll eventually get around to expanding the city size but I can’t make any promises as to when."

We will. Not we could. And a good hint it will come as an expansion in the title(aside from the pure logic, seeing as this is EA).
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I can’t make any promises as to when.

SimCity 2015, if you're lucky.

Comment

• Comment

• Best Simcity review

Comment

• If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                              Phenomenal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                                Most amusing.

But the tile size, when seen in scale with roads and buildings? WOOF.

Comment

Working...
                                X