No announcement yet.

Simcity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snoopy, you're just wrong about the demographics here. An entire generation of games basically skipped the PC (or were released on consoles as well) because of piracy. There are maybe FOUR games out of about fourty in my Steam library that aren't also available on the Xbox 360. And computers are so much more powerful than the 360 now that it isn't funny. It's cutting into game quality.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
      I agree with this. They could easily add some DLC regions that allow for it. It's mostly cosmetic though.
      I disagree strongly in that it is mostly cosmetic. Think back to SC4, and how you could plan and build your own connections in the region between different city plots (of different sizes). You had a significant amount of control as to how traffic flowed, via passenger and freight rail, light rail, highways, avenues, roads, ferries, etc. And WE got to choice where those connections were, how many there were, etc. That is a major change in this game, and a major step backward.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Snoopy, you're just wrong about the demographics here. An entire generation of games basically skipped the PC (or were released on consoles as well) because of piracy. There are maybe FOUR games out of about fourty in my Steam library that aren't also available on the Xbox 360.
        Because of piracy is not the reason they skipped the PC. The generation of games was released on the console because console sales were higher than PC sales, and consoles were easier to develop for. Used game sales are just as much a problem for consoles as piracy for the PC (more so since they're legal!), frankly; for used console games, you actually have someone WILLING to spend money not giving it to you. PC doesn't have that.

You're too young to know that the console/PC game cycle is just that - a cycle. When PS2/XBox came out, for a while most good games were primarily console; then they moved back to the PC when the console started to be dated. Then same for XBox360/PS3. Same will happen again when the next generation of consoles comes out. It has nothing to do with piracy and everything to do with ease of development and where the sales are.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
          You're too young to know that the console/PC game cycle is just that - a cycle. When PS2/XBox came out, for a while most good games were primarily console; then they moved back to the PC when the console started to be dated. Then same for XBox360/PS3. Same will happen again when the next generation of consoles comes out. It has nothing to do with piracy and everything to do with ease of development and where the sales are.
          No, I'm not for ****'s sake. Please don't trot out the "you young'un's" thing, *******. Jesus christ. I've been playing games since I had an NES when I was five. Maybe younger, hell it was a long time ago. Good lord, you're condescending.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The small city size is vital for game balance now. They can't simply expand it. The whole game is making the most of a limited space, and using regions for the rest.
            Except they've already confirmed a bigger city size DLC.

Btw, bought this for 40 euro. Videos I've seen seems promising.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
              Except they've already confirmed a bigger city size DLC.
              They have done no such thing. They have said that, yes, we'd like to have bigger city sizes, we'll try to make that happen. We have no idea if it'll be a patch, or paid DLC, or an expansion pack, or something they do for SimCity 2015 when EA shuts the servers down for this version and no one can play it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                I like Sim City 4
                I've never played the SimCity franchise, but I assume this post means that SimCity 4 didn't have black people?

Comment

EA's highly paid and competent analysts disagree with you there, and I'm inclined to agree with them after what happened to Crysis. The nerds who hate DRM are very vocal, but the losses from piracy are even more staggering.
                  I won't buy anything with DRM on it so I guess this game won't be being purchased by me.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    I disagree strongly in that it is mostly cosmetic. Think back to SC4, and how you could plan and build your own connections in the region between different city plots (of different sizes). You had a significant amount of control as to how traffic flowed, via passenger and freight rail, light rail, highways, avenues, roads, ferries, etc. And WE got to choice where those connections were, how many there were, etc. That is a major change in this game, and a major step backward.
                    You can still dictate how traffic flows between regions with a variety of connections (including several you mentioned).

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      Because most of the people doing the pirating are 12 years old and pirate EVERY GAME OUT THERE to play for ten minutes, then move onto something else?
                      I don't understand why are you making up things like this? This doesn't even make sense. It is not an argument to say "the only people who like free $60 software packages are 12 years old and they don't play for more than 10 minutes anyway" in a conclusory fashion.

Comment

I really hate to do this but it's time for someone intelligent to return you retards (especially the preening doctor who sticks his hands in boy's underwear all day) to PLANET EARTH.
                        I cared nothing for the content of this post and still found it to be a great read. Wiggy

Comment

How is the number of people who are downloading a free copy of a game a "completely irrelevant strawman" when arguing for the importance of DRM? At worst, it could be slightly misleading. Again, look at a game like Crysis. Revolutionary PC exclusive. Stolen so much the devs ran to console as fast as they could. EA is not stupid. They've given gamers a chance before and lost a lot of money on the deal.
                          More likely their game just sucks and didn't sale and rather than admitting it sucked they cried wolf and claimed it was all the fault of people who never would have bought their sucky game to begin with. Piracy is just the excuse they use instead of admitting they're bad at their jobs.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thank you Tupac Shakur.

Also you are correct that no one was black in Simcity 4 however a beaner was prominently featured: http://www.simcitycentral.net/images...ctc_noob13.jpg

Comment

You can still dictate how traffic flows between regions with a variety of connections (including several you mentioned).
                              Predetermined. You can not extend the highway into your city, or add a second connection to it, for instance. You have to rely on the region's predetermined system.

This is a direct consequence of the baffling decision to not allow contiguous city tiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                More likely their game just sucks and didn't sale and rather than admitting it sucked they cried wolf and claimed it was all the fault of people who never would have bought their sucky game to begin with. Piracy is just the excuse they use instead of admitting they're bad at their jobs.
                                Why would so many people pirate a bad game?

Comment

Working...
                                X