• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly 2 Fantasy Baseball - Daily League

league ID 64746
    Password apolyton

invites sent, and we're down to 7 for now

I couldn't find the weekly league from last year, not only was I not the commish but my records at yahoo dont have me listed in 2 poly leagues. And thats weird because I'm sure I was in it.

Here's the settings we used last year, feel free to make suggestions but changes/additions will need a majority vote

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

how'd you all like having saves and not holds? I could see that becoming a problem with more people. I did get the impression the stats favored SPs a little too much and I'd like to drop the weekly minimum IP to 12-14. We're a bit heavy on the sluggers too, a consequence of having HRs.

Here's the stat options

Batters

Games Played
    Games Started
    At Bats
    Runs
    Hits
    Singles
    Doubles
    Triples
    Home Runs
    Runs Batted In
    Sacrifice Hits
    Sacrifice Flys
    Stolen Bases
    Caught Stealing
    Walks
    Intentional Walks
    Hit By Pitch
    Strikeouts
    Ground Into Double Play
    Total Bases
    Putouts
    Assists
    Errors
    Fielding Percentage
    Batting Average
    On-base Percentage
    Slugging Percentage
    On-base + Slugging Percentage
    Extra Base Hits
    Net Stolen Bases
    Stolen Base Percentage
    Hitting for the Cycle
    Plate Appearances
    Grand Slam Home Runs
    Outfield Assists
    Double Plays Turned
    Catcher Interference

Pitchers

Pitching Appearances
    Games Started
    Innings Pitched
    Wins
    Losses
    Complete Games
    Shutouts
    Saves
    Outs
    Hits
    Total Batters Faced
    Runs
    Earned Runs
    Home Runs
    Walks
    Intentional Walks
    Hit Batters
    Strikeouts
    Wild Pitches
    Balks
    Stolen Bases Allowed
    Batters Grounded Into Double Plays
    Save Chances
    Holds
    Total Bases Allowed
    Earned Run Average
    (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched
    Strikeouts per Walk Ratio
    Strikeouts per Nine Innings
    Pitch Count
    Singles Allowed
    Doubles Allowed
    Triples Allowed
    Relief Wins
    Relief Losses
    Pickoffs
    Relief Appearances
    On-base Percentage Against
    Winning Percentage
    Hits Per Nine Innings
    Walks Per Nine Innings
    No Hitters
    Perfect Games
    Save Percentage
    Inherited Runners Scored
    Quality Starts
    Blown Saves
    Net Saves
    Saves + Holds
    Net Saves and Holds

not much difference between whip and obpa

and net saves and holds?

they keep adding stats, some are even relevant I feel like a kid in a candy store

Fist beat me to signing up. Speedy little devil.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Prepare your *******s, gentlemen.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        Fist beat me to signing up. Speedy little devil.
        glad to hear you're playing, sounded like you were gonna pass on a daily league

who was the commish for the weekly league last year?

Comment

I'll play, why not. Sign me up.

i think the stat categories are fine; if you want to make them less slugger focused, take away SLG. I like SLG but having HR+RBI+SLG is three slugger categories versus SB and R and OBP, the latter two being not really weaknesses for sluggers. You could replace SLG with OPS, though having OPS and OBP is a bit odd.

Pitching wise, saves or holds is pretty irrelevant. Holds are incredibly hard to 'plan' for in a weekly league - even when I go all out for holds guys, they tend to come in big bunches and then none for weeks. Saves seem to be more regular, so easier to strategize for. I don't see using holds being particularly important unless it's like a 14 team league - even in 12 teams there are 30 closers of which 24 are useful at least.

Either way I don't want to see a 14x14 league or something... 6x5 is plenty.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

the only thing I can think is replacing slugging with hits or extra base hits - I assume HRs aren't considered extra base hits?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              glad to hear you're playing, sounded like you were gonna pass on a daily league

who was the commish for the weekly league last year?
              I'll play, but I'll probably suck. Not that that's a new development or anything. If it turns out that someone from last year can't get in, or it's an odd number, I'll drop out.
              Last edited by SlowwHand; February 17, 2013, 01:43.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                the only thing I can think is replacing slugging with hits or extra base hits - I assume HRs aren't considered extra base hits?
                HRs are XBHs, yes. You don't want to replace SLG with a non-rate stat - too much counting stats and it's all about who has the most games, not who has the most players. Honestly you could just drop HRs, but I personally believe in the 'classic' 5x5 with permitted adjustments of AVG->OBP and SV->HLD but nothing else removed [additions only]. Home runs are just too fun to remove.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Bit of confusion here methinks...
                  I didn't join the daily league last year yet I got the invite for this one which I found odd until I noticed the settings for this league are: Weekly on Monday
                  which means it's weekly.

Berz, you were the commissioner for the weekly league last year, I don't know about the daily league as I didn't play it but here is the link to last year weekly league which clearly states you were the commissioner: http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.c...012/2465/teams

I don't like a daily league due to the pitching-ditching nonsense that makes starting a pitcher too dependant on matchups, it becomes a race to the free agents pool to pick up the one starting against the padres every day

If daily is the only league we play this year I'll join regardless.. this is not daily as of now tho...
                  Last edited by Fistandantilus; February 17, 2013, 08:02.

Comment

oh crap, I gotta correct that at a couple sites now, I must have assumed poly 2 from last year with 8 teams was the daily league

frack, i'm 86ing this thread
                    Last edited by Berzerker; February 17, 2013, 21:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X