Master of Magic remake! Worlds of Magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master of Magic remake! Worlds of Magic

Hello there! If you've been waiting years for a genuine successor to Master of Magic (as I have) you're in luck. We the fans and developers at Wastelands Interactive have decided to create one. Work on the project started nearly a year ago in a 2D development environment. As it evolved it was moved to a 3D environment and the basic game mechanics have started to take firm shape.

I think it's not necessary to explain here what is MoM, so it's enought with this list of features:

1. Master of Magic Spiritual Successor
    2. D20 System - Units, Spells and Heroes will all draw from the D20 rule set during the battles.
    3. 4X deep playability
    4. Hero Units - Recruit heroes to lead your forces into battle
    5. Twelve Spell Circles
    6. Unique Races
    7. Multiple victory conditions

We're working to develop a rather new and in-depth magic system for Worlds of Magic. The world itself will span a number of planes and a majority of the content will be created procedurally. No two games have to be exactly the same (although they can be if you want them that way).

We're adding new features every day, and we would truly appreciate any suggestions. What did you like most about Master of Magic? What do you feel is a must for Worlds of Magic? What would you like us to add? Is there anything else we should consider?

Every contribution will be MUCH appreciated. It will be my pleasure to ask any question here, and of course you can find more info in the following links. Thank you!

I'm not able to post links or images yet, but I invite you to take a look in our forum (wastelands interactive forum) or the official Worlds of Magic fansite on Facebook .

LONG LIVE MASTER OF MAGIC AND 4X GAMING!!!
    Last edited by Wastelander; February 9, 2013, 08:14. Reason: misspelled words

Were you not allowed to make a hyperlink? I think there have been a few decent attempts. Age Of wonders and Warlock Masters of Arcane seem to be in the same vein. AoW2 and Warlock were very similar. The one thing about both I did not like was the quest from "gods".

It is an ok concept, but they often gave a quest that was not doable at that time. Like I did not know where the monster was located or the town. Refusing or failing was punished, sooner or later. Punishment was not needed as you suffered as you did not get the reward.

I had seen World of Magic writeup on Spacesector, never hurts to get another game in this genre, so good luck.
    Last edited by vmxa1; February 20, 2013, 23:38.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1 View Post
      Were you not allowed to make a hyperlink? I think there have been a few decent attempts. Age Of wonders and Warlock Masters of Arcane seem to be in the same vein. AoW2 and Warlock were very similar. The one thing about both I did not like was the quest from "gods".

It is an ok concept, but they often gave a quest that was not doable at that time. Like I did not know where the monster was located or the town. Refusing or failing was punished, sooner or later. Punishment was not needed as you suffered as you did not get the reward.

I had seen World of Magic writeup on Spacesector, never hurts to get another game in this genre, so good luck.
      Hello, vmxa1! I wasn't able to post links because of forum anti-spam policies, I guess XD. Thank you for your words. We are aware of the previous attemps and we're doing our best to avoid the problems that this kind of games usually have. About the quests itselves, one of my partners have been writting recently, you can find more info or even add your suggestions here:

forum.wastelands-interactive.com/ [join these two parts] showthread.php?8805-A-Questing-We-Shall-Go

Thanks again!

Comment

Hello All.

We have broke the 40k stretch goal tonight, and with 29 hours left we can try to hit the 45k, which is additional race and Linux and Mac version available at the release date.
        kickstarter.com/projects/304725524/worlds-of-magic-a-new-classic-4x-fantasy-game

Thanks for your support, spreading the word and for backing us.
        You can still give us a hand, and help making this game greater.

Comment

Hi guys! Long time no see, no hear, but we've got some nice update to show you. We've been working hard on Worlds of Magic for a couple of months and here's a short gameplay teaser video we've made:

youtu.be/magRrO535gY.

WoM is a 4X fantasy game using D20 combat system for managing battles and units. And so far, the direction we've taken seems pretty right, at least we think so. But we really care about your opinions, so... what do you think? The game is now in the alpha stage, so any suggestions from you will be much appreciated. In the meantime, you can also take a quick look at the media section of our website, where you will also find links to our FB pages, forum and wiki:

myworldsofmagic.com/media.php

What is more, the game is currently trying to be Greenlighted, so if you like WoM as you can see it now and as what we're going to make it, we would really appreciate every single vote you will support us with. You can do it at:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138313793.

Comment

Working...
          X