2013 NHL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 NHL Season

The Hawks and the Sharks are off to great starts. Looks like we play next Tuesday.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

It was great seeing them set a franchise record for wins to start a season and do it against the Red Wings! But it is still very early. Just hoping they can stay healthy and keep it going.

Comment

Dammit Dad. You should have been here for this
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Great start by Black Hawks to tie NHL record and, I think, to have more points than any of those other teams at this point. Hope Hansen gets at least a couple of games. I saw the replay again and the puck was already being knocked down by Hossa when he got hit in back of head (not shoulders as Hansen said).

Comment

He got one game, which is probably sufficient (he's not Torres, who'd get a season or so).

In a real league (pre-silly shootouts), the Blackhawks would be 11-0-5, so 27 points. They had 25 points over 15 games, which is two less than Edmonton (12-0-3, 27 points), though they have now the same points after 16 games as Edmonton did.

Comparing the Ducks in there is more complicated - they lost a game in OT not in a SO (so that would be a plain old loss back in the day). They were 12-0-4 but with 1 regular-OT loss of the 4 and 2 SO wins; so they'd have been 10-1-5 in the old rules, or 25 points (26 if you give them that OT loss point).

So the Hawks have, give or take, the most points through 16 games, depending on how you count them.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't see you winning the Cup with Emery in-between the pipes though. When is Crawford expected back?
            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

They're still call him day-to-day. It's been a week...
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Emery has been outstanding with Crawford out and last report I heard is that he should be back for one of the back to backs on Sunday/Monday.

Comment

I wouldn't mind him holding out till monday, Sparrow has him in fantasy and I'm facing him this week

Comment

Anyway, to Supr49er's comment; the Hawks do not prevent goals with a goalie. They prevent goals with a stellar defense and very hard working players (and Patrick Kane). You could put me in goal and I would have a lower GAA than some. Just kidding, but it feels that way. Some teams depend on good goalies to keep them in games where they play Mike D'Antoni style hockey; the Hawks do not. They just need a goalie who doesn't allow soft goals and keeps his concentration, something Crawford had trouble with in the past. Emery is a very good goalie who IIRC had injury and attitude problems, but has the skills - just isn't able to get a a starting job.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      I wouldn't mind him holding out till monday, Sparrow has him in fantasy and I'm facing him this week
                      After the first three weeks I figured getting in at least 3 goalie games every week wasn't going to be an issue. Between the compressed schedule and my three goalies having starting or job sharing roles with their teams, I figured I had it made.....all three of my goalies are in trouble now though so it may be tough for me to even get in the three games even if he comes back before the week is over in Yahoo.
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Indeed... there are some decent WW pickups though so I'm sure you'll manage. I'd just rather not face Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                          Anyway, to Supr49er's comment; the Hawks do not prevent goals with a goalie. They prevent goals with a stellar defense and very hard working players (and Patrick Kane). You could put me in goal and I would have a lower GAA than some. Just kidding, but it feels that way. Some teams depend on good goalies to keep them in games where they play Mike D'Antoni style hockey; the Hawks do not. They just need a goalie who doesn't allow soft goals and keeps his concentration, something Crawford had trouble with in the past. Emery is a very good goalie who IIRC had injury and attitude problems, but has the skills - just isn't able to get a a starting job.

I agree with the comments about how the Hawks play in front of their goalies, but it does seem to me that quite a few of the goals both guys have let up this year have been "soft". But their opponents have let in some "softer" ones.

Hope they get record tonight, but pissed I have to do something else tonight and won't be able to see the game live.

Comment

Hawks
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              Hawks
                              Yes!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X