No announcement yet.

2013 NHL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps people will stop giving insane 10+ year contracts then?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Seems like 2013-14 has the highest probability of a repeat Cup winner in ages, no? The 'Hawks will be largely unchanged from last year - biggest loss might be Ray Emery, but from what I've heard even he's 50-50 to return [which sounds utterly insane to me, but he likes winning cups apparently - or maybe the Hawks locker room is good for his staying sober/straight and narrow]. Lines next year:

Kane-Toews-Bickell
      Sharp-?-Hossa (Pirri perhaps?)
      Saad - Shaw - Bollig

Not a bad three lines depending on who the #2 C is (Shaw looks like he's better off on the 3rd line... but who knows). Maybe another young guy like Leblanc or whatnot can be added to make the fourth line interesting.

Comment

• We ain't letting you ****holes off the 3-1 series lead hook again, no way, no how.

HARRUMPH.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Add to that the fact that our D is basically unchanged from last year - maybe one guy different - and we're in a pretty good situation with ~9MM cap room to add a backup goalie, a veteran center that can play the second line, one D, and a backup winger or two. That's got to be the best situation a (cup winning dominant) team's been in during the hard cap era...

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            We ain't letting you ****holes off the 3-1 series lead hook again, no way, no how.

HARRUMPH.
            You're going to have to get to the Finals now to get another crack at us.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• go hawks

I will miss Bolland. His skill was underrated (Scotty Bowman compared him to Yzerman). He's a character guy for accepting a lesser role on a team with a lot of skill. He was a tenacious defender. His only downside was taking too many penalties.

and LOL at Vancouver

I'm sure Tortorella is going to enjoy dealing with that headcase goalie
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Boston retools...

Bruins, Stars Trade: Tyler Seguin, Loui Eriksson Highlight 7-Player Deal

AP | Posted: 07/04/2013 5:16 pm EDT

BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Bruins are sending Tyler Seguin to the Dallas Stars for fellow forward Loui Eriksson as part of a seven-player trade.

In addition to Eriksson, the Bruins are also acquiring forwards Matt Fraser, Reilly Smith and defenseman Joe Morrow in the deal announced Thursday. Dallas will receive Seguin, forward Rich Peverley and defenseman Ryan Button.

Seguin, chosen with the No. 2 pick by Boston in the 2010 draft, led the Bruins in scoring during the 2011-12 season. He was a member of the 2011 Stanley Cup championship team and was selected as an NHL All-Star in 2012.

Eriksson, a 2011 All-Star, had 29 points in 48 games for the Stars last season. He has a career plus-31 rating.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wow trade. One or the other team is going to lose this, bad, but that will take a couple seasons to play out.

On a brighter note, Dallas also vacuumed up the Shawn Horcoff contract from the Oilers and actually sent two largish balls of better than hockey tape back in return.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                  X