2013 NHL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made me LOL...

Stephen A. Smith's Dismissive Attitude Toward Hockey Gets People To Like Hockey

NEW YORK—ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith recently made several dismissive remarks about ice hockey this week, causing Americans across the country to flock to the sport in droves, sources confirmed Sunday.

“Up until about a week ago, I never cared about hockey one way or the other, but ever since I saw Stephen A. Smith criticize the game, I’ve been a huge fan,” said local man Paul Bradford, echoing the sentiment of millions of Americans, who since the polemical sportscaster derided hockey have fanatically followed every wrinkle of the newly popular sport. “He said he doesn’t like it when a hockey game is low-scoring. Well, I love when that happens. Because I love hockey. It’s my favorite sport.” Bradford added that, in a further show of solidarity against any and all of Smith’s viewpoints, he and the rest of the nation would continue not watching the NBA.
    Yep, The Onion. Oh, and fair warning: If you don't know who Stephen A. Smith is, don't bother to find out.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Made me LOL...

Yep, The Onion. Oh, and fair warning: If you don't know who Stephen A. Smith is, don't bother to find out.

Comment

Wow, I actually am glad a Detroit team won. They beat Anaheim 5-1 which was the game in hand Ducks had on Blackhawks. But NHLN showed after game over that Anaheim still had that game in hand. Oops!!

Comment

I hate when one of my favorites gets traded. Good luck in Pittsburgh Douglas Murray
          Yeah I know he was slow and had a bad CORSI, but I love his thundering hits.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Iginla is a healthy scratch tonight as a trade is imminent.

Classy guy. Gonna miss him, but I hope he gets to win a cup. He deserves it.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

he gets to win a cup. He deserves it.
              Yeah, Iggy with the Flames is like Borque with the Bruins, Dionne with the Kings, Perreault with the Sabres. A once in a generation talent wasted on a team going nowhere.

If only he wasn't a Flame he'd have a stanley cup.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Looks like Anaheim is going to lose another one.

Comment

Iginla is now a Penguin (despite any reports you may have heard that he was to become a Bruin)...now what are his chances of winning a cup this year?
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Iginla is now a Penguin (despite any reports you may have heard that he was to become a Bruin)...now what are his chances of winning a cup this year?
                    Iginla, now with 100 percent more winners.

If he wins a cup will he go in as a Penguin?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

He had great chemistry with Crosby at the Olympics.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Penguins clearly in win-now mode... curious how much they had to give up for all these additions. Pens-Hawks cup finals is going to be interesting.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Plan the parade.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

God no. I stayed at home during 2005 (White Sox parade). I'm all for my sports teams winning, but there's no chance in hell I'd be anywhere near that size of a group of people.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

He had great chemistry with Crosby at the Olympics.
                              Somewhat of an upgrade from Glencross, eh? Next up #freekippersoft.

Comment

Kipper is not going to waive his clause. He wants to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X