No announcement yet.

2013 NHL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How 'bout that Bobby Lou, 1st in GAA, 3rd in Shutouts, 3rd in Save percentage?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

28th in Games Played, 21st in Wins.
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

All of a sudden wins matter? I thought only rate stats matter. Also, undefeated in regulation.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Shame you guys have run him out of town.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Shame you guys have run him out of town.
            Who is this, 'we', Kemosabe?

Comment

The NHL should just keep track of wins and losses. No more of this shootout bull****. You lose in OT or a shootout? It's a loss. No more inflated point totals. In an 82 game season, 41 wins means you are a .500 team. 41-20-21? .500

If teams don't like wins and losses decided by shootout, then do continuous OT. Maybe teams will actually try to win as opposed to trying not to take a loss in regulation.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The NHL should just keep track of wins and losses. No more of this shootout bull****. You lose in OT or a shootout? It's a loss. No more inflated point totals. In an 82 game season, 41 wins means you are a .500 team. 41-20-21? .500
                Bring back the tie, eliminate the shootout. Still tied after OT? It's a tie.

If teams don't like wins and losses decided by shootout, then do continuous OT. Maybe teams will actually try to win as opposed to trying not to take a loss in regulation.
                Agree 100 percent. I hate the point inflation. I also hate the shootout. Hockey was fine as it was. Hockey doesn't have to be like basketball, baseball and football.

Comment

Why are the Penguins wearing blue?

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Updated with today's Game:

How about that Roberto Luongo, 10th in GAA, in a 7 way tie for 3rd in Shutouts, 18th in Save percentage, 23rd in Wins, 27th in Games Played.

Impressive
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

The streak goes to 19 for this season and 25 overall going back to last season. They rank behind the 1977-78 Montreal Canadiens (28 games) and the 1979-80 Philadelphia Flyers (35 games). Hossa's is just amazing. Some of his goals this season have been just unbelievable!

Comment

Bring back the tie, eliminate the shootout. Still tied after OT? It's a tie.
                        fcku a tie
                        WIN LOSE OR DIE
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Shootouts are dumb. I don't care if you have a tie or continuous OT - but it should not end in a skills competition.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Maybe a 10 minute OT, then a tie.
                            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

If they really want more one-on-ones, make more penalties result in penalty shots. Say, any double minor is translated into a penalty shot and a 2 minute penalty (whether or not the shot is successful). Any penalty that is taken to directly prevent a goal (for example, in the Hawks game last night, one of the Hawks pulled down one of the Oilers near the goal when he realized he couldn't get to the puck in time) is still a regular minor, but the minor begins with a penalty shot; if the shot is successful, there is no further penalty, if unsuccessful, then 2 minutes of penalty. You'd have to have a lot of referee discretion on those - not EVERY penalty that occurs near the goal, just ones that are taken to directly prevent a goal opportunity. Still, that would give you a lot more penalty shots and one-on-one opportunities.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Barry has this right (and not just saying that since we share a first name ). This is not even a debate.

ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose never has been shy to discuss his admiration of the Chicago Blackhawks, and that was evident during Thursday's SportsCenter after the Hawks increased their NHL record streak to 20 games without a regulation loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X