downtime notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downtime notice

We were down for about half a day b/c our hosting provider had closed our account for security reasons.
    They had reasons to believe that someone was having fraud access to our environment. Things have been straightened out and are fine again.

I thought it would be a good idea to post an update about this downtime to satisfy your inquiring minds.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Thanks
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Heh, missed this... But I guess I wouldn't have gone looking for something like this until AFTER the site went down

Anyway, thanks

That explains the mystery.

Comment

Hi Robert.

Since the 'crash', we, at the spanish subforum, are not receiving email notifications anymore.

Hope you are aware of this yet and already looking for fixing it

Thank you

-astro
        Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
        Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

I PMed you about some issues as well that might also have been related to the crash but I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by astrologix View Post
            Hi Robert.

Since the 'crash', we, at the spanish subforum, are not receiving email notifications anymore.

Thank you

-astro
            I think, the email problem was not caused by the downtime directly. But it should be fixed now.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by astrologix View Post
              Hi Robert.

Thank you

-astro
              I had a player who posted something similar today on the forum of a Diplogame I am hosting. Was the problem fixed just today? Or was it supposed to be fixed a while ago? Because if it was a few days ago its still not working.

Also, I need some tech support on some other weird bugs that have been appearing on the Diplogame accounts. I emailed Apolyton support as well as Robert, but haven't gotten any response. Should I be contacting somebody in particular? One of the things that is going on is the accounts cant post in the forum. They both have plenty of posts and were able to post before.

They also can't send/receive PM... again they have plenty of posts and were able to PM before. The option to turn PM on/off no longer appears in the General Settings tab for the accounts.

Lastly the accounts wont send a confirmation email when you change the email address.

Is there anyone who can help with this?

Thanks so much

-Sommers

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                I think, the email problem was not caused by the downtime directly. But it should be fixed now.

-Martin
                Yes, it's going well now. Thank you, Martin
                Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Problem solved. Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                  X