SLIC problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLIC problem

I thought I had finally got to the stage where I didn't need to keep making these SLIC problem threads

Anyway, I'm fairly sure I can't do it, but is there a way through SLIC to build tileimprovements?

The only thing I have come up with is to make a terrain that has all the attributes of being farmed, but then it would have to look like normal terrain, not farms. (*.til editor needed) And then I could use the terraform command.

If anyone has a simpler idea, please tell me.

The thing is, that my Mars 2020 scenario would be great, if I could get the AI to try and win, rather than sitting in a desert, building space planes I can't find a way through strategies.txt, even though I bumped the priorities up high.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

You could try the Event:CreateImprovement(thePlayer, theLocation, theTileImpDBindex, 0). [I don't know what that "0" does.] Note that thePlayer has to have the requisite advance for the event to occur. A more serious problem is that it doesn't always seem to work as advertised. Sometimes it works for me but other times I get the sound of machine guns going off in the background and nothing else happens.

BTW, there's only two examples of this event in the files. One doesn't work and the other is in the notorious tut2_main.slc where Winnie's comment beside the FIRST_TILE_IMP declaration is not exactly illuminating.

Comment

A couple solutions on building Space planes

Look at the UnitBuildLists in the aidata folder and see what lists that the Space Planes are on. You can pull it from the list and replace it with another unit - or you can give the Space Plane some military capabilities.

In the early game, the AI has limited choices to build units, or it will build the most advanced unit on whatever list it is focused on, which is tied into the particular strategy it is following at the moment. I'm not sure exactly how it all works in the beginning of the game though.

What's unusual is that the Space Plane is considered a transport unit, and for the life of me, I cannot imagine why it would be picking that unit for a start unit based on the above info.

What options does the AI have at the beginning of the senario to build?

Also check the cost of the units available, and the ceiling that the AI has set for building a unit (in strategies.txt). If the units take too many turns to build, it will default to the cheapest one, and since your cities are very small to begin with, the AI may have no other choice but the Space Plane.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thanks Peter, I thought I may have missed something obvious. tut2_main.slc ah yes.... Where is the other one? The village farm in Samurai ?

yeah, I'm still using the old tech/unit tree so I have some problems to sort. The game balancing I will sort once the AI is getting some terrain improvements. That seemed to be the main problem before. I'll try your suggestions
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yup, that's the scenario. There was meant to be a fort go in there.

Comment

Working...
          X