Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WePlayCiv?

What's up with WePlayCiv?

I just was googling it, and the first thing that should show up is the front page. But the first thing was the Apolyton thread about the hack notice.

That's not a good sign and trying to access the site directly didn't work, either.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

It's been down for about 2 weeks now. The site owner Locutus is AWOL since November. He had a travel to India, but he never reported back. First Artemis died (the pitboss server), and in the last days of December the whole site. We're worried that something might have happened...

Comment

Weplayciv.com has been unavailable for about a week. Anybody know what's going on?

Dale says that Solver is working on getting the server fixed.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yea it's back after 2 weeks. Not so Locutus...

Comment

The server died and the server people could not fix it. In the end, Solver had to do it manually. Artemis' HDD has seemingly died, according to Loc. Upon reboot, the HDD cannot be found.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Skírnir View Post
            It's been down for about 2 weeks now. The site owner Locutus is AWOL since November.
            Locutus is co-owner, isn't he? Together with Dale and Solver. Or have things changed at wpc?
            Good that it's back up again!

We had a similar server crash a couple of months back with our 3rd server, but b/c it was our 3rd server, (almost) nobody noticed 8)
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
              Locutus is co-owner, isn't he? Together with Dale and Solver. Or have things changed at wpc?
              Dale resigned quite some time, ago.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I'm sorry the site never really took off but a lot of that has to do with how the site was founded and how the owners started banning people for life when by their own admission they hadn't actually done anything against the rules. I did some lurking there briefly while poly was down and it made poly look like a hive of activity.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

nm
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Even Alexa says traffic is down 51% at whoopsie from its original extremely low starting point.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin, I think Alexa gave you a bum steer; I have no stats to back this up, but I'd estimate activity to be down to 10% or less compared to a rather promising start in the first six weeks. I lived over there, man, and they kept me busy full-time back then.

Probably, the time scale is now such that six weeks doesn't register anymore for Alexa...
                        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Lol could be worse could be really busy at weplayciv and get hacked every other week just saying :/

Comment

lol
                            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Thing about the traffic at WPC is that it isn't trying to run you over. Nice of CivFanatics to publicly acknowledge the help Solver gave them too, nice guy that he is. Gratitude, so hard to come by.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X