No announcement yet.

GUNS GUNS GERNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between 556 and 223?
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

5.56 is a "hotter" load, and I believe there is a difference between the casing size. AR-15s chambered in .223 may not be able to shoot 5.56 without problems, but those chambered in 5.56 can handle both without any problem.

Some AR-15 lowers are "multicaliber", so you can put a upper in .22LR, 6.5mm, .300 AAC Blackout, etc on top as well as .223/5.56. These parts will generally work with any other manufacturers parts. The AR-15 is essentially a open source weapon where you can modify it to hell and gone. There are, however, some exceptions:

Armalite(where the term "AR" comes from, it made the first AR-10 in the '50s) makes a AR model chambered in .308, as the AR-10. Only Armalite parts will work with a AR-10.

Remington and it's sister companies also make ARs chambered in .308. Only Remington/Freedom Group parts will work work with those .308 chambered ARs.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        There are so many AR-15 models. How do you pick which one to get?
        Maryland law requires a waiting period on ARs based on certain features, so I went with one (heavy barrel) that would avoid a wait. Then I looked for the cheapest that fired a 5.56.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

fix your pictures, felch!

Comment

My pictures ain't special. It's a 10/22 carbine, an HBAR AR-15, a Mossberg 500, and a Sig Sauer Mosquito. Feel free to look them up.

Comment

I've definitely decided. .243 it will be, and then a 9mm. $300 for either .243 or .270 at Academy.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My grandfather passed away this past Monday. I was in Fort Worth Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and just got back into VA tonight.

My grandmother is going to check with my uncle first(one has already expressed zero interest in it and the other is untrustworthy), but I might end up putting this over the fireplace. If I had a fireplace.

Hunter Arms shotgun, Circa 1930. Labeling is nearly worn off, and it might be older. Like, 1913 older.

DSCF3440 by BaronBucher, on Flickr

DSCF3444 by BaronBucher, on Flickr

DSCF3446 by BaronBucher, on Flickr

Missing a hammer....

DSCF3443 by BaronBucher, on Flickr

"One time your grandfather went out and shot this gun, it misfired, and he came back half blind!". So THAT is why it's missing a hammer.

DSCF3447 by BaronBucher, on Flickr
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

After a 8 hr(each way!) Trip to the CMP North Store I have returned with Swag

DSCF3452 by BaronBucher, on Flickr

Springfield M1 Garand, CMP Special Grade w/WW2 serial number. 200 Rounds of .30-06 for $90. Government surplus FTW.

Comment

Wait hang on you did not get both the ammo and gun for $90 did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      Wait hang on you did not get both the ammo and gun for $90 did you?
                      No, no.

I sprung for the Special Grade($995) Garand. It's a "Factory New" FrankenGarand with a WW2 receiver that's been reconditioned/re-parkerized. The Stock and Barrel are new.

The ammo was for $90, although I also bought a box of 25 clips for $20!

The $600 Service Grades are generally considered "best value for the money" but the $600 SGs weren't there, the Field Grades were beat to all hell, and the Korean SGs were a whole $40 cheaper than the Special Grade...so I went with the Special.

Comment

• That's a sweet battle rifle.

Comment

• If I were to get a full power semi auto it would probably be something like an M1A.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            If I were to get a full power semi auto it would probably be something like an M1A.

This has History, and a Special Grade Garand is also about $200 cheaper than a bottom of the barrel M1A

Comment

• i only have my police issue sw 40 cal. thinking about a personal handgun and shotgun for christmas.
                              What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                              What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• I am considering getting a .22LR handgun this Christmas. Any recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                                X