Was Romney a good CEO, or a poor CEO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Romney a good CEO, or a poor CEO?

Absent all other considerations, how well did he do his job?

As always, this question is about effectiveness and competance, not ideology.
    Good, and I am a citizen of the United States
    80.00%
    Poor, and I am a citizen of the United States
    10.00%
    Good, and I am not a citizen of the United States
    10.00%
    Poor, and I am not a citizen of the United States
    0.00%
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Good for shareholders but raider capitalism isn't the model I want the government to promote with tax breaks like we're doing now.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

How the heck should I know? I wasn't an employee in upper management in his company... company results are rarely tied significantly to CEO ability/performance. Only in a few cases (cf. Steve Jobs) is that actually relevant, and in those cases he's usually doing things beyond normal CEO job description.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

What snoopy said. Overall, Mitt has done a good job of convincing me that he's not a good manager and is more of a follower than a leader.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Exactly, I've seen few clips of him (I don't know him personally), and he seems like a follower. That was my instant feeling. Definitely not a leader. He can be an executive or a boss, but not a leader of the masses. Real leaders put out visions, motivate people etc.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

As a side note, the same probably applies for President... a guy who gets way too much credit or blame for what little he does.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Again, he is not good and not bad.. but if you compare him with others he would be the best

Comment

Working...
              X