Game to stop at Iron Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jonathan1980:

Thank you so much for your latest replies.

There is quite possibly a bit of a misunderstanding here - insofar as I do not necessarily need a real world map on which to play. Instead, I would likely much prefer a totally land-based (100 per cent) map as I tend to consider water as a waste of space.

I was looking at the following map characteristics:

# 3 players [as lag could eventually become a major factor with too many more]
    # Bloodlust on [I think that this is correct for a massively prolonged game]
    # Pollution off [although it should be irrelevant for an exclusively Iron Age scenario]
    # Doughnut world [a continuous world seems far more natural - especially in an outsized map]
    # Gigantic map size (circa 1500 3000) [this is near to my system's 4GB memory capacity]
    # Dry (second or third from left) [too much jungle might prove counter-productive]
    # Warm (second or third from left) [this would encourage fertile lands]
    # Land (extreme right) [as previously stated, water seems a waste of space]
    # Continent (extreme right) [a continuous land mass provides more direct gameplay]
    # Uniform (second from left) [diverse maps tend to look rather unattractive - especially in the minimap]
    # Many goods (second from right)

The reason for my seemingly highly unusual request is that I really enjoy the prospect of a persistent SP game that can somehow mimic the feeling of an online MMO game (without much of the associated anti-social behaviour). I am a great fan of the Ancient Era and actively dislike the modern era (which would ultimately predominate in such a persistent SP game).

Therefore the only thing that one would seemingly require to create the above rather simple (almost default) scenario would be to remove the ability of any of the civilizations to advance beyond the Iron Age. This would provide the basis for a truly epic persistent SP megascenario - although lag might ultimately win.

I have tried something just as interesting in CIV (Civilization 4) with the FFH2 mod - by playing on a pretty large map (although not quite as big as the proposed CTP2 one above) with just rampant barbarians (when the second civilization was almost immediately eliminated from the game) and struggling to slowly expand my fledgling Orc Empire from its initial capital city. However, CIV is notoriously slow and lag is already becoming slightly problematic after around 500 turns ....

Comment

Funny because I started playing CtPII because of the zany future stuff.

Comment

Something I've played around with that you could use is change the time it takes to research new advances, thus slowing down progress. I multiplied Agricultural Revolution, Industrial Revolution, Robotics, and Nano-Assembly "costs" by 10x. I was tired of a "revolution" being only marginally more significant than anything else.

It's in "ctp2_data/default/gamedata" folder, filename "Advance", then change the Cost number.

Comment

Working...
        X