Missing the NFL Playoffs x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing the NFL Playoffs x5

Here's a fun fact -- every year for the past 16 seasons, at least 5 NFL teams have made the playoffs that did not the previous year.
    (I know, freaky, right? The average is actually >6...)

So here's your challenge:

Name 5 or more playoff teams from last year who will miss the playoffs this year.
    And name 5 teams who missed the playoffs last year who will play in this year's postseason.

Last year's playoff teams (12)
    AFC - New England, Baltimore, Houston, Denver, Pittsburgh (WC), Cincinnati (WC)
    NFC - Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, NY Giants, Atlanta (WC), Detroit (WC)

Missed playoffs last year (20)
    AFC - NY Jets, Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, San Diego, Oakland, Kansas City
    NFC - Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington, Chicago, Minnesota, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

When you look at the teams, this seems to make no sense. But that's what history says...

Here's my off-the-cuff first guess:

IN: San Diego, Buffalo, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Chicago
    OUT: Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Denver, Detroit, Atlanta
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If I understand your prediction JR....you are suggesting that none of the wild card teams from last year make it back this year, and the only division leader from last you think won't make it back is Denver, who will be replaced by San Diego?

Doesn't seem that bold of a prediction....(except maybe for implying that T.Tebow >> P. Manning ).

But if I am going to accuse you of NOT being bold, I should be posting my own bold opinion....and looking through the division winners, its hard to predict which of them won't repeat this year

This may require some additional thought.
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'll name six...

Out: San Francisco, Detroit, Atlanta, Cincinnati, New England, Denver
        In: Arizona, Chicago, Carolina, Buffalo, Tennessee, Oakland
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It's a tough call to find 5 teams; I may update mine after more thought. If I was being really bold, I would have axed the Giants. I don't have much faith in Houston, but that's a pretty weak division.

Comment

In: Buffalo, Philly, Chicago, Jets, San Diego
            Out: DETROIT, Denver, Cincy, Giants, Baltimore
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Out: DETROIT
              Who are you and what have you done with Guynemer?

Comment

Misses: Denver, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, New Orleans, NY Giants

Makes: Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, Dallas, Carolina
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Misses: Denver, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Detroit, Houston
                  In: San Diego, Jets, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Chicago
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Who are you and what have you done with Guynemer?
                    Are you unfamiliar with my attitude towards the Lions? Specifically,

Comment

But they have Megatron! And Stafford! And they made the playoffs last year!

Comment

Oh, please, do go on.

Comment

And Suh! And Vanden Bosch! And Avril!

The Silver Rush!!!

Comment

I'm the Detroit fan.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              And Suh! And Vanden Bosch! And Avril!

The Silver Rush!!!

Did you watch their last two games of the season?

Comment

Working...
                              X