Idea for new game: Momtentium/Hybrid/Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for new game: Momtentium/Hybrid/Builder

Hi guys. I'm a dedicated hybrid, and it is my opinion that Hybrids, played well, will win most of their games, due to the flexiblity that is inherit in going hybrid. However, before I make such a complete statement my moto, I'd like to test that idea versus humans.(AI is worthless for that sort of test.)

So, here it is. I want to start a Momentum vs. Hybrid vs. Builder game on a large map, with transend level AI, normal seas, native life and erosion. Blind research off, Look first on, all other settings open to suggestions. (It will be SMAX v.2)

The plan is for a game of three players, but if more wish to join I guess I can set up a second game, like Misotu did with her teams series. I'm not looking for Sun Tzu here, just ask that you can take on a transend AI.

I'll be playing Morgan, as the Hybrid in this game. I'm thinking of styles, not factions, so if you want to be, for instance, a Warmongering Cyborg, momentum, that's fine.

To join, post here and contact me at: jbgibson@iol-12.net

Join!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Commodore; June 1, 2001, 20:22.
    It hurts to be on the cutting edge!

All right, you have your Builder opponent. I'll take the UoP.

The map settings you mentioned already sound fine. As far as the other settings, I'd suggest that we leave all victory conditions enabled, pods on, and the rest off.

By the way, Misotu is a very accomplished female SMAC/X master ... err ... mistress ... err ... player.
    "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
    "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

I know...I'm lucky enough to be playing her in another game.

Sorry...I had forgot about victory conditions...I allways have them all on. Didn't realy think about it. But ya, all victory conditions shall be on, and pods will be there.

Oh, and a CMN would be nice.

Comment

Oh come now...30 people have veiwed this thread...are none of them Momentum?

Comment

Not me ... I wouldn't be a worthy momentum opponent. I know a guy who would though - Garth Vader. I don't know if he's looking for another game right now, but you could email him at steelga@home.com to see if he would be interested. If he's up for another game, he would definitely give you a run for your money!

I played a few builder vs momentum games one on one with him, and he's a tough cookie
          Team 'Poly

Comment

I don't have SMACX, only SMAC, so if you wanted to play that instead I'd be in.
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Well...both Deimos and I chose SMAC factions. Unless he objects, I could turn it into a SMAC game.

I'll ask...

Comment

SMAC's fine by me. I look forward to the opportunity of playing against the both of you.

Have you found a CMN yet? Also, are you planning on setting this up as a scenario with just the three of us or are you going to have the other 4 target drones, er, I mean AI factions in there too?
                "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
                "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Target drones, ahoy! Yes...AI will be there for us to use in any legal way we can.

I'll e-mail Tau...

Comment

hey is there room for another...

i play as yang hybrid style if its cool i'm in ...

btw i can play as whomever tho
                    l8r

Comment

btw the email in my account details isn't correct its sgtslick@hotmail.com

its hotmail thats why well thanx again

Comment

Ok...Tau has final exams, so I suppose we could still use a CMN. Misotu?

Cap.slick...you want a second game? Well...I did say I'd set up more if more were interested. Ok...you can be a Hybrid Yang in Game#2. I suppose I'll play a Momentum Santiago in Game #2. Any builders? And Cap, do you have SMAX?

Comment

I'd be happy to CMN it.

Need some guidance, though, on how easy you'd want the game to be (e.g. do you want the builder faction to be on easily exploitable land, suitable for growth and infrastructure build, with nearby nutrient and minerals tiles, and some monoliths - or do you want him to be challenged.

Likewise, do you want the momentum faction to be on a large landmass with access to 2 AI factions for conquest - and do you want the hybrid to be a hybrid of these conditions?

And how dumb do you want the AI to be? (you can tweak them to at least give some strategy and alliance potential - at least with each other - and you can start them with some early advantages (a couple of forest tiles, maybe even a crawler or two alrady on forested squares - if you have tried the Roze or Morgan challenge over at CGN, you'll know how tough a tweaked AI can be)

Let me know if you'd like me to CMN it and as I say, give some guidance as to how easy a cakewalk you want it

G.

Comment

Sounds good, Googlie, as far as the map goes.

As for the AI, by all means tweak the intel, but don't give them extra crawlers or forest.

Thanks for CMN-ing this. Ok, map and AI for game #1 as you say...Builder is Deimos, UoP. Hybrid is Commodore, Morganites. Momentum is Garth Vader, whatever faction he choses. No blind research, no unity survey, look first, do or die, large map, all victories enabled, pods on. SMAC

For game #2, I shall be Momentum, Spartans. cpt.slick will be Hybrid, Hive. No builder yet...still open. SMAX if possible.

Comment

I'll play the Spartans.

Your idea of starting the factions in good positions, ie builder with good terrain, momentum on a large continent with AI's, hybrid as a mixture is a good one.

I would suggest against giving the AI's extra resources, but any extra allying between them is fine with me.
                              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                              X