Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody still play this game?

I loved AC.
    Have not played in a looong time but I was wondering if people still play?

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    I loved AC.
    Have not played in a looong time but I was wondering if people still play?
    Yes, people do.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
      .. I was wondering if people still play?
      Definitely, Yes! see the links in my signature.
      Last edited by bdanv; October 1, 2012, 03:03.
      alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Peacekeepers ready for battle!
        I don't know what I've been told!
        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
        Love to press the Buster Switch!
        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

It says alot about certain genres of PC games that Alpha Centauri and MOO2 are still superior to anything that has come subsequently.

Comment

Of course.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes, I play frequently, but I have been playing Space Empires IV a lot recently.
              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Yep. I just rediscovered it for about the 3rd time. I've been stuck on Civ 3 for quite some time, but SMAC is a great game.

Comment

I still play AC!! Its still #1 of my Favorite games of all time!!

There have been times where it gets bumped, for some new game- but always lands back on Top!!

Comment

I just got it running again on my Windows 7 system, and I'm currently working on an island empire as Sparta. Good times.

Comment

My computer needed to be factory reset, but before that I had a truly awesome game. UNHQ was something like size 42 with >100 production from all the supply ships I sent out. Never knew you could do that...

I had two continents to run wild on, and the nearest opposition was on the other side of the world. Win by conquest. Idiots with missiles and 8 armor kept declaring war on me at full tech.
                      I don't know what I've been told!
                      Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                      Love to press the Buster Switch!
                      Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron View Post
                        I just got it running again on my Windows 7 system, and I'm currently working on an island empire as Sparta. Good times.
                        Is there anything special you need to do to run SMAC in Win7?

Can anyone answer the same question but for Win8?
                        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes, BC, I feel foolish.

Comment

Oh man. I haven't played SMAC in ages... but now I'm finding it hard to resist reinstalling it. I wonder how well the game holds up after all these years.

Comment

Working...
                              X