Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2 days
    Trade End Date: November 18, 2011
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Trade Review: Commissioner
    Waiver Time: No waivers
    Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 20 to Dec 26
    Playoff Reseeding: No
    Divisions: No
    Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
    Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DB, DB, DL, LB, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Fractional Points: Yes
    Negative Points: Yes

SCORING
    Offense League Value
    Completions 1
    Incompletions -.5
    Passing Yds 25 yards per point
    Passing TDs 6
    Intercepted -3
    Sacked -0.5
    Rushing Yds 10 yards per point
    Rushing TDs 6
    Receptions 1
    Reception Yards: 20 yards per point
    Reception TDs 6
    Return Yards 20 yards per point 0
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -3

Kickers League Value
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -2
    Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -1
    Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
    Point After Attempt Made 1
    Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defensive Players League Value
    Tackle Solo 1
    Tackle Assist .5
    Sack 2
    Interception 3
    Fumble Force 2
    Fumble Recovery 3
    Defensive TD 6
    Safety 4 2
    Pass Defended 1
    Block Kick 3

IDP LEAGUE DRAFT RULES

-Standard serpentine draft, 22 rounds.
    -Draft hours are 8am to 10pm CDT (US), 7 days/week
    -Time limit for each pick: 4 hours during draft hours. Draft positions 1 and 12 get 6 hours total to make their 2 picks on the turnaround.
    -Any league member may assign a BAPAY after time has expired (see below for guidelines).
    -No BAPAYs in the first two rounds (within reason; Commish discretion).
    -The BAPAY clock starts running at 8am CDT, Wednesday, August 15, 2011. Managers may opt to begin drafting prior to that.

BAPAY LISTS
    --Offensive BAPAYs are determined by Yahoo's player list, sorted by "Actual" (not the default "Projected").
    --Defensive BAPAYs are determined by sorting the player list for that position by 2011 Fantasy Points (far right column).

[Note: Yahoo "Actual" rankings for offense are based on 2011 NFL stats applied through our league's scoring rules. This means, among other things, that no rookie can be assigned via BAPAY.]

IF YOU ARE BAPAYED: You have the right -- within 10 picks or 24 hours, whichever comes first -- to change your assigned BAPAY to any still-available player. The BAPAYed player goes back into the draft-eligible pool. Any and all intervening picks by other teams stand. A card laid is a card played.

KEEP THINGS MOVING
    1. Immediately PM the next manager to let him know he's on the clock. Don't forget to clean out your PM box.
    2. If you're going to be away, please send a prioritized list or instructions to one or two people to cover your next pick (or two). You can also post notes publicly, like "Bapay me a TE" or similar.
    3. When you post your pick, copy/paste the full draft list, preferably followed by a note like "PM sent to [NextGuy]." Oh, and don't forget to clean out your PM boxes. I also have my account set up to send me an email when I’ve gotten a PM. Word.

IF THERE'S A PROBLEM
    ...such as the selection of an already-chosen player or an incorrectly-assigned BAPAY, the draft stops until things are resolved.

A couple more random thoughts:
    --Find a "BAPAY Buddy" or two to leave your lists/picks with when you’ll be away. I work from home and am rarely away from my computer for long.
    --If you're away and your list is used accurately and in good faith, that pick will stand.
    --No table talk, please! If a player has been overlooked, just ignore the topic until he's been chosen.
    --OTOH, if you learn of a serious training camp injury, posting that info is a community benefit.
    --For those using Yahoo research tools, I will try to make regular uploads of our selections. Keeps the player list clean and makes Bapays easier to determine.
    --We will start a separate thread where people can keep their rosters.

ASSIGNING BAPAY PICKS

The BAPAY victim will be assigned the top available player at Yahoo at a position of need, using the "Actual" filter for offense and the "Fantasy Points" filter for defense. Position of need will be decided according to the following priority list. Try to pay attention to Bye week issues, especially for QB and TE. However, this is not a strict requirement.

Priority List by Position

1. Offensive starter, skill position (QB, RB, WR, TE) -- includes 5 total RB/WR
    2. Defensive starter, any position: 2-DBs, 2-LBs, 1-DL
    3. Backup skill position, in this order: RB3 - WR3 - RB4 - WR4
    4. QB2 (Bye alert)
    5. TE2 (Bye alert)
    6. RB5/WR5
    7. QB3
    8. DEF6
    9) Kicker

Thus, for our 22-round draft, an all-BAPAY team would be assigned, in order, as follows:

Round/Position

1-7) Offensive skill positions (2-ea RB and WR, 1-each QB, W/R and TE), by Actual
    8-12) DL1, LB1/2, DB1/2, by Fantasy Points
    13-15) WR - RB until team has 4 of each
    16) QB2
    17) TE2
    18-19) RB5/WR5
    20) QB3
    21) DEF6 (any position)
    22) Kicker

This procedure (used successfully last year) makes the BAPAY process reasonably fair for the victim yet easy to administer for any league member.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

The Rabbits are up, but not yet on the clock.

1. Vicious Rabbits - Jrabbit
    2. Electric Slide Jedi - Ben Kenobi
    3. Calamitous Intent - Guynemer
    4. Ice Hawks - Sparrowhawk
    5. A Dead Horse - Zopperoni
    6. Deviations - Koyaanisqatsi
    7. Mountain Goats - Jaguar
    8. Chiefs - Berzerker
    9. Random Encounter - ColdWizard
    10. Dallas Dwarf Tossers - SlowwHand
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS CRAP! Number 12 (Last), after Alby, in DST; and Number 10 (Last), after ColdWizard, in IDP.
      I'm at least questioning the existence of a football god at this point.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Trade Policy for the Draft

- All trades are public and final. There are no "future considerations", if there is a trade then the terms are specific and stated outright at the time of the trade. Only players and draft positions are available for trade during the draft. Obviously this is unenforceable in reality, so multiple trades between the same two people will be subject to review. In short, you can try to make a private deal for something in the future, but if you're on the end that's not getting everything in part A of the plan then there is significant risk that you won't get part B at all. Just something to keep in mind during negotiations.

- A player that is on the clock can not trade the current pick. I am not waiting four hours for somebody to respond and turn down a trade just so the original owner of the pick can use it as they would have four hours ago. All trades involving picks must be publicly announced in the draft thread before the picks involved come up.

- If you are involved in a trade, you are responsible for updating the draft order to reflect all changes. If you trade your third and sixth for somebody else's fourth and fifth, then you need to post the complete new draft order through round six.

- If you intend to swap your entire draft, then you need to do it before -Jr makes the first pick (which he is able to do anytime he feels like at this point).

Comment

I object to there being any provision for swapping draft positions.

If anyone has an objection to the randomization procedure, let them voice that. But, fairly generated, the draft order should be final.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

are we using a waiver wire delay so everyone has a shot at players?

Comment

I'm open to using waivers.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I say we leave the trades till after the draft. This is over-complicating things.

I don't mind 2-day waivers in reverse draft order after the draft, but prefer a free-for-all.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  I object to there being any provision for swapping draft positions.
                  I do too. But in principle, if you allow traded draft picks then there is no reason to not allow trading positions.

However, I also said you have the power to do something about it.

Comment

Meh, trade, no trade, whatever. I'm fine to go along with whatever.

Let's see if I can get a first round pick who doesn't get injured in week two.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
                      I say we leave the trades till after the draft. This is over-complicating things.

I don't mind 2-day waivers in reverse draft order after the draft, but prefer a free-for-all.
                      There were trades last year, so there can be this year, subject to the rules above because I don't want it to turn into a pain in the ass.

re: waivers, nobody objected to the way we did it last year during the discussion, so it can stay as it was.

Comment

It's all good, let's just get started!

Comment

Draft slot 7 makes me do a happy dance inside.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Welcome back, Jaguar. Hope your time away was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
                              It's all good, let's just get started!
                              When I saw that Jaguar was back and Jrabbit was posting, I thought you guys might be waiting on me already. I'm going out for a few hours, so I am going to send a 1 player list to Zopperoni (#5), in hopes he will still be available at 4th. If not, I will be back home by 10ish Mountain time hoping to make my pick then.

/me
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                              X