How to create multiplayer scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create multiplayer scenarios?

Can I create scenarios for multiplayer games? I was going to make a modern day scenario starting with full-blown cities so that it would be a shorter, action packed wargame. However, when I create a scenario, I can only load it up from the single player area. Is there a way to access a custom scenario via multiplayer?

Thanks in advance!

Wow you're actually making one. Of the whole world?
    I was going to but I decided it would take too long. I've got all my countries in 32 groups:

1 Canada
    2 US - Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, Puerto Rico, Hawaii
    3 Mexico
    4 (needname)Guatamala, El salvador, costa rica, honduras, nicaragua, panama
    5 (NN)columbia, venezuala, ecuador, peru, bolivia, quyana, surinam, french guinea, dominica
    6 Brazil
    7 (NN)Chile, Argentina, Uraguay, paraguay
    8 Nato Affiliates/Allies?? Greenland, Finland, iceland, turkey, carolina islands, papua new guinea, Sth. korea
    9 Britain, British islands scattered round the place.
    10 EU Ireland Spain France Italy Germany Switzerland Luxembourg Belgium Holland Denmark Czechslovakia Poland Austria Yugoslavia Hungary Romania Bulgaria Greece Med. isles Norway Sweden Portugal.
    11 Eastern Europe?? White Russia Ukraine Lithuania Latvia Estonia
    12 Russia - Cuba
    13 Iraq - Syria
    14 (NN)Iran georgia azerbaijan armenia turkmenistan kirgizia uzbeckistan tadzhikistan pakistan afghanistan
    15 India - Nepal Bhutan Bangladesh Burma Thailand Sri Lanka
    16 Kazackstan
    17 Indonesia
    18 Japan
    19 Philipenes - malasia
    20 Australia - New Zealand
    21 Isreal
    22 Saudi Arabia - Saudi Peninsula
    23 China mongolia nth korea vietnam cambodia laos
    24 sth africa - Namibia botswana zimbabwe zambia mozambique madagascar
    25 Zaire - Rwanda Barunda
    26 Kenya - tanzania Uganda somali rep.
    27 Ethiopia - sudan
    28 egypt
    29 libya
    30 (NN)Morroco algeria tunisia
    31 (NN)White blob(under morroco, tiny)mauritania mali niger chad upper volta senegal
    gambia cape verde islands (Guinea Bissau) Guinea Sierra leone
    32 (NN)Liberia ivory coast ghanda togo benin wigeria cameroon Central African Republic Equatorial guinea gabon congo cabinda angola.

If that can help.
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

The real question is will you still make the scenario if, as I suspect, it is not possible to make it a multiplayer scenario?

No-one has made a mp scenario before, and I suspect if you searched far enough back, you would find another thread about this.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Mulitplayer Scenarios

The inability to create multiplayer scenarios is a big one. Multiplayer scenarios allow the creation of multiplayer civ games that don't take 10 hours to play and you can play them in any era. It is hard for me to understand why a multiplayer map editor and scenario editor is not included, especially since it would not be difficult to make the current editor work with the multiplayer files.

If anyone know show to edit multiplayer games or scenarios, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

Is there a way to load a save game into Ctp2 multiplayer. If so then you can play your scen save it then load it in multiplayer.

OT
          For fun:The case of the dead people...
          Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

I have tried, but to no avail. Games I save in the editor or single player, seem to be un-readable by the multiplayer load. Help would be appreciated! Thanks for the input.

Comment

It may be possible with another person (or people) to arrange a game where you organise the units and cities into the arrangement you want. It will take a lot longer, but if that is the only way...
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

thanks for the tip. its sort of a long way to go about, but at least its a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                X