Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've come to a conclusion that I'm against gay marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've come to a conclusion that I'm against gay marriage.

I've been pro gay marriage for several years, but reading Poly has caused me to reassess my views.
    Gay cohabitation is not a problem: no one will send you to jail if you live with your homosexual partner and call him your husband. You have every right to do that. I'm not against churches recognizing your cohabitation as a marriage. What I am against is the recognition of your marriage by the state, which is what most gay couples actually want.
    When your cohabitation is recognized as a marriage, you get all sorts of benefits: you are included in the default inheritance order, pay less taxes, get hospital visitation rights, etc. But getting these benefits is not your right, it's a privilege. Why should the government provide these benefits to you but not other sexual deviants?
    Yes, homosexuality is a sexual devitation, like polygamy, pedophilia and zoophilia. You cannot even claim that homosexuality is different because both partners are consenting adults. Polygamists are also consenting adults, yet they have zero official recognition. Why should only homosexuality be elevated to the same level of recognition as the sexual norm? It already enjoys the benefit of legality.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Polygamy should be legal, too.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
      but reading Poly has caused me to reassess my views..

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. Quitter.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I would say at least 2 of the "privileges" you mention are actually rights ...
        that is, that the partner is included in the default inheritance order and that he gets hospital visitation rights.

The only thing mentioned by you that one might see as a privilege (IMHO) is the tax reduction
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

А мне все по хуй, я сделан из мяса. Самое страшное что может случиться - стану пидорасом.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            I would say at least 2 of the "privileges" you mention are actually rights ...
            that is, that the partner is included in the default inheritance order and that he gets hospital visitation rights.

The only thing mentioned by you that one might see as a privilege (IMHO) is the tax reduction
            How come they are rights? Why isn't there an official BFF recognition that gives my best friend the same rights?
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Well, if your BFF is female she can get these rights, you just have to marry her
              with the added benefit of you both getting tax reductions.
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; July 28, 2012, 09:00.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Polygamy should be legal, too.
                Start with 1 dude...
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

What if a gay guy marries a gay woman?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Then the gay guy's partner marries the gay woman's partner and they swap IDs when they want to go visit to the hospital.

Comment

In Belgium cohabiting is almost like marriage, and most any two people who live together can set it up including mother/daughter and brother/brother and good friend/good friend.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

In Belgium cohabiting is almost like marriage, and most any two people who live together can set it up including mother/daughter and brother/brother and good friend/good friend.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                          Why should the government provide these benefits to you but not other sexual deviants?
                          Why should normal people have it?

Comment

I'd have no problem with polygamous marriage if all parties in the union give full and informed consent.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The day that I am married to my partner, should he die before me, I want to be able to visit him when he's on his deathbed.

So fvck you, Onodera.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X