Activity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activity?

I noticed that postcount on this page is VERY low.
    all 5 civgames, both call to power games and only 2 posts a day in all of them or something like that combined by all users!

I understand that Civ 5 is not the newest game, but it has a HUGE fanbase.. so one should expect more activity (bout 50 post per day, of 20 different users should be normal for a branche like this)

When I googled for some info on call to power in the past I got here, but the low activity, and low personal replies on how to mod the various games in the branch, makes me wonder is this page "dead" and some other forum the REAL blace to be for all civ relatied stuff..

It's just the result of the poisonous attitude, name calling, trolling that became widespread and goes unchecked by the mods. Of course posters here will tell you the reason of the low activity is the suckingness of CiV, which may be very well true. Still you don't have to look that hard to find forums with hundreds of post/day if you are interested to talk about CiV

Comment

Yes, blame trolling. What we need are more bans and even fewer posters

Comment

What, are we not allowed to have a sense of humor in the Site Feedback & News forum?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by DutchGamer View Post
          I noticed that postcount on this page is VERY low.
          all 5 civgames, both call to power games and only 2 posts a day in all of them or something like that combined by all users!

I understand that Civ 5 is not the newest game, but it has a HUGE fanbase.. so one should expect more activity (bout 50 post per day, of 20 different users should be normal for a branche like this)

When I googled for some info on call to power in the past I got here, but the low activity, and low personal replies on how to mod the various games in the branch, makes me wonder is this page "dead" and some other forum the REAL blace to be for all civ relatied stuff..
          Maybe you could contribute something useful to the forums then, instead of whining about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistandantilus View Post
            It's just the result of the poisonous attitude, name calling, trolling that became widespread and goes unchecked by the mods. Of course posters here will tell you the reason of the low activity is the suckingness of CiV, which may be very well true. Still you don't have to look that hard to find forums with hundreds of post/day if you are interested to talk about CiV
            Only the off topic forum had the rules relaxed where as the on topic forums remained unchanged. The big reason why there is so little on topic discussion is because Civ5 has pretty much been a bomb. Fan forums like this relay heavily on people playing the latest game so when the latest release sucks... Well, there are just a lot fewer people then there were compared to previous releases which were really great.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Of course, we also have the issue that many of the posters here have been members for 10-15 years and having that sort of built up user base is both a plus and a minus. It means there are a lot of inside jokes which turn off new members plus you've sort of discussed just about everything once you've been here for a decade and a half. Not to mention people get older, get married, have kids, and so have less time for gaming sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                Only the off topic forum had the rules relaxed where as the on topic forums remained unchanged.
                It doesn't matter what the rules are if they are not enforced. I can easily point to several on topic posts that are completely devoid of content and whose only purpose is to insult or belittle other users. 5 or 6 years ago this wasn't allowed. And no, I'm not proposing that the solution is to ban people, I'm just observing what's happening, new users are routinely scared away instead of being welcomed.
                The big reason why there is so little on topic discussion is because Civ5 has pretty much been a bomb. Fan forums like this relay heavily on people playing the latest game so when the latest release sucks... Well, there are just a lot fewer people then there were compared to previous releases which were really great.
                Repeating that ad nauseam won't make it become true. As I said I can link a couple of other civ fan sites (and no, the panda ****ers one is not one of them) that have 100+ new post daily. I'm not saying CiV is a great game, I don't really care, but when different sites have such different activity levels and the game is the same the reasons are to be found in how those sites are managed, not how good the game is.

Comment

Obviously Apolyton is managed poorly. Blaming me is a convenient and stupid way of not facing the following realities:

1) apolytons forum interface is hideous

2) apolyton has no original content worthy of anyone's time

3) 9/11 changed everything
                  Last edited by Wiglaf; July 16, 2012, 14:37. Reason: as I am one of 2 on topic posters I am not sure who else you could be referring to

Comment

I blame RoboCon.

(See what did I say about inside jokes?)

Comment

BTW I have the perfect solution! Robert can make Fist the Civ 5 General forum moderator.

No really, I think it is a good idea as it will allow Fist the chance to test out his theory on moderation and we can all see as a practical matter if it works or not. So what do you say, Fist? You up for the job or was it all just talk?

Comment

It's just such a pathetic concept, thought up by someone who clearly is a fascist Italian. The solution to a failed regime is not to ban certain people from speaking or having inside jokes. The Nazis tried that and look how things ended for them.

Comment

You just know you'd get banned. As long as the rules for an on topic forum are clearly written and laid out I don't see the problem. I just don't want to be the nanny walking behind all the boys and girls wiping their poopy bums.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                            Maybe you could contribute something useful to the forums then, instead of whining about it.
                            Nice one, dickwad. That's the way to bring in new posters...

Comment

Originally posted by jeeven
                              My grand father is highly founded of gardening and farming last time when we have gone into his farmhouse he was busy in picking black berries for the plants such very delicious and tasty berries. I didn't seen juicy berries like there i have eaten i never forget their taste ever.
                              what kind of berries?

Comment

Working...
                              X