No announcement yet.

Activity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...this thread is a microcosim of Apolyton.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

That there is still no news on BNW after almost 3 days really says it all. This is no longer a civ fan site.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Should I care what BNW means?
        (+1)

Comment

The latest Civ5 patch that they make you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
            The latest Civ5 patch that they make you pay for.
            Ah, well since I', still on SMAC and never bought CIV5 I guess that means I shouldn't care. Something shocking about writing a buggy game and asking you to pay to fix it. That's really going to keep the fans happy!
            (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
              That there is still no news on BNW after almost 3 days really says it all. This is no longer a civ fan site.
              You're right that it's poor that we haven't covered BNW already.
              The truth is of course that about nobody on Apolyton is really focussing on Civ5 at all. Not only at apolyton, neither on other big civ sites there's much attention to BNW. Which is horrible in the end.

But you're right, I'll find time to write up a news article about BNW somewhere in the next week.
              Let's hope it'll be a good add on!
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by spartak View Post
                Ah, well since I', still on SMAC and never bought CIV5 I guess that means I shouldn't care. Something shocking about writing a buggy game and asking you to pay to fix it. That's really going to keep the fans happy!
                He's trolling. It's the latest XP for Civ5.

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                The truth is of course that about nobody on Apolyton is really focussing on Civ5 at all. Not only at apolyton, neither on other big civ sites there's much attention to BNW. Which is horrible in the end.

But you're right, I'll find time to write up a news article about BNW somewhere in the next week.
                Good that you make a news item finally. As for coverage, CFC is covering it quite well, I'm not a member but have been keeping an eye on their forums. Activity is good and they made a separate forum for the XP due to the incoming activity. WPC has little discussion, due to the small size and half the membership being in Franky(might be an overstatement. But still ), but we were first out with the news coverage.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post

Are you kidding? CFC has 384 threads and more than 24,000 posts in the BNW forum alone. I'd call that a huge amount of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                    Are you kidding? CFC has 384 threads and more than 24,000 posts in the BNW forum alone. I'd call that a huge amount of attention.
                    I was talking about news coverage.
                    Not about forum activity.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

It's pretty telling that just a week or two after release BNW dropped off the radar just about every where and instantly appeared on the half off sales.

As I said, the reason for this is because Civ5 sucks and was horribly designed from the get go. All they needed to do was update the graphics on Civ4, maybe switch to hexes, and they would have had a hit. Instead it's a ****ing ghost town. Do you notice how the longest lasting part of Civ4 was the multiplayer games and ladders while Civ5 does not have any active ladders worth the name? The reason is the game is garbage.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Civ5 never managed to get MP working properly, hence the obvious issues.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Very true.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                          X