Best leader and civ for a cultural victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best leader and civ for a cultural victory

I've been struggling to win a cultural victory lately. I'll get a nice lead but further on in the game some other cities will suddenly zip past me. Any opinions on:
    1. Best civ
    2. Best leader
    3. Best kind of map

Thanks in advance.

You're welcome in advance.

Comment

Helpful.

Comment

When you get a second, please hit the "thank you in advance" button underneath my post. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBush View Post
          I've been struggling to win a cultural victory lately. I'll get a nice lead but further on in the game some other cities will suddenly zip past me. Any opinions on:
          1. Best civ
          2. Best leader
          3. Best kind of map

Thanks in advance.
          I prefer the Philosophical leaders. They generate rather more leaders.
          A settled science leader yields 4 culture points per turn as well as increasing city research by 50%. (Increasing to 8 after 1,000 years). And the research boost lets you research faster to get more culture techs as well as themilitary techs needed to keep bad boys out. Engineers mean an instant wonder. Prieats give a shrine or a nice boost to production and money thus helping indirectly. Artists give 12 culture per turn plus some cash.

Creative leaders such as Catherine give extra culture from turn 1 bit, I think that itself is not enough to get me to select such a leader.

I am inclined to recommend Elizabeth. A good development civ but not so good for very early war. I like the finacial trait which gives generously all through the game.

I would suggest avoiding Imperialist or protective leaders.

Comment

I've never tried for a cultural victory before and as such would normally not post about it, but I need 10 posts to PM

Posts = 6

Comment

One more for good measure

Posts = 7

Comment

This thread is long-dead, like the forum, but if you're going for a cultural victory I recommend closing Civ4 and watching a potted plant grow. It will be much more exciting.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Smaller maps are easier to win cultural victories on, with opponents you want peaceful civs who hopefully won't attack you, wrt the map low sea levels really help you get to the required number of cities for the cultural win, while tech wise you want to get ahead tech wise so building everything which helps you improve your teching rate or generates money so you can keep your research rate up helps.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You're welcome in advance.

Comment

Well no about this.

Comment

Working...
                      X