Welcome America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome America!

A shooting and shootout with the cops in downtown Philly at the Independence Day festivities.

THE FOURTH of July went out with a bang in Philadelphia on Wednesday night — and that meant both gunshots and fireworks amid the annual Welcome America festivities.

Chaos erupted around the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City after a 17-year-old youth and a 19-year-old man were each shot in the leg about 9:20 p.m. during a dispute. Soon afterward, as police were chasing the alleged shooter — a 16-year-old boy — he pulled out a gun and pointed it at cops, prompting an officer to shoot him near 17th Street and JFK Boulevard, police said.

To add to the chaotic scene late Wednesday, a mass of sweaty, angry Occupy National Gathering protesters were making their way up Arch Street, chanting and pumping their fists, when reports of chaos amid the festivities on the Parkway began to spread.
    THE FOURTH of July went out with a bang in Philadelphia on Wednesday night — and that meant both gunshots and fireworks amid the annual Welcome America festivities.

The Ben Franklin Parkway is this that leads to the Art Museum (the Rocky steps):

Who really starts shooting at an event with thousands of families watching fireworks and a concert?
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 5, 2012, 09:03.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Here in Chicago, you are able to predict the number of shootings based upon how hot it gets. The hotter the weather, the more shootings. We've had a long heat wave stretching over the last few weeks and frequent shootings. Probably the same goes for Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Who really starts shooting at an event with thousands of families watching fireworks and a concert?
      A: Philadelphians
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        A: Philadelphians
        QED
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
        X