2nd Level German Court: Circumcision illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    Studies done in Africa show that the risk reduction is more like 50%.
    Studies in Africa had a fatal flaw. The ones who underwent religious circumcision came from groups that had strong taboos against pre and extra marital sex and forbade drugs and alcohol. It would be like studying the Amish and saying, "They have beards and almost a 0% HIV rate. All men must grow beards."

Note: I have a beard and don't have HIV.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      Studies in Africa had a fatal flaw. The ones who underwent religious circumcision came from groups that had strong taboos against pre and extra marital sex and forbade drugs and alcohol. It would be like studying the Amish and saying, "They have beards and almost a 0% HIV rate. All men must grow beards."

Note: I have a beard and don't have HIV.
      African muslims may have a problem with drugs and alcohol, but they definitely don't have a problem with extra-marital sex. Remember, if discovered it's the woman who gets punished.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        For something this trivial, they really ought to err on the side of religious liberty.
        Really?

I think the health of children is more important. Why subject them to a medically unnecessary, one-way procedure that will affect them the rest of their life?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
          Studies done in Africa show that the risk reduction is more like 50%.
          With unprotected sex. With a condom on it's nil.

Why give people more of an excuse?

As a side note, how many men actually contract HIV from women? For some reason this also only applies to heterosexuals. 14 studies have all shown that for MSM, there's no impact.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Really?

I think the health of children is more important. Why subject them to a medically unnecessary, one-way procedure that will affect them the rest of their life?
            Because the effect is minuscule and hundreds of millions of men live out full, healthy lives not giving a damn that it happened to them.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

BTW, I thought recent studies showed this is also only really true of people circumcised as adults (due to extra scar tissue, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                Because the effect is minuscule and hundreds of millions of men live out full, healthy lives not giving a damn that it happened to them.

Tell that to the victims of botched circumcisions. Which happens more than you might think.

David Reimer would be interested in your opinion. But alas, he killed himself due to his botched circumcision.

Comment

Um, it sounds like he killed himself due to doctors insisting that he was a girl now, among other things. Generally it appears his whole life was messed up, what with him being a guinea pig for experiments about learned gender identity or something.
                  1011 1100

Comment

Yes. And why did that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Yes. And why did that happen?
                      Why did he kill himself? Because his wife wanted to leave him? Because suicide was in his family history- his identical twin brother had already done it? I guess this proves that having a brother with a botched circumcision also causes you to kill yourself?

Comment

Brother was mentally ill in other ways.

I wonder why a wife would leave a man with no penis?

Comment

So apparently someone started with the exact same DNA but didn't have a botched penis, and was raised by the same parents, but he still killed himself.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            So apparently someone started with the exact same DNA but didn't have a botched penis, and was raised by the same parents, but he still killed himself.
                            Yes, he was schizophrenic.

Is your position if one twin kills himself, so will the other?

Comment

Well, your one extreme isolated case has certainly convinced me.
                              1011 1100

Comment

circumstitions.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, circumstitions.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

In most cases, botched circumcisions don't result in death. But infections from circumcisions are not rare, and most botched circumcisions just leave it permanently disfigured (and even successful circumcisions permanently disfigure )

Comment

Working...
                                X