Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    Yes, he was schizophrenic.

Is your position if one twin kills himself, so will the other?
    I don't know how he would have turned out without the botched penis. All I'm saying is the closest thing we have to that hypothetical person killed himself even sooner. Really I don't consider this a sufficient basis for arresting Jews who live according to their religion and putting them in prisons.

Comment

Shall I go digging for a case where a girl died of sepsis after getting her ears pierced?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        I don't know how he would have turned out without the botched penis. All I'm saying is the closest thing we have to that hypothetical person killed himself even sooner.
        Arguably he was a victim of his brother's botched circumcision as well.

Did you hear what the evil American doctor made him do?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          Shall I go digging for a case where a girl died of sepsis after getting her ears pierced?
          Please, because it's a good point also.

Parents should not pierce the ears of newborns or other people who are incapable of making an informed decision.

I'm against tattooing, piercing, and circumcising newborns.

Also, I'm taking a firm stance against the rape of newborns. It's their body - let them consent when they're old enough.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Just provide the figures, Asher, and for the sake of the present argument I'll assume they're correct. I am NOT clicking on a link to a site dedicated to penis-mangling outrage.
            1011 1100

Comment

It provides a whole bunch of examples as well.

Comment

Just the facts, man. Or in this case, the figures.
                1011 1100

Comment

Botched circumcision rates are in the 1-3% range. At least 1% need repeated surgeries after to repair.

The estimated 1% to 3% incidence of complications after newborn circumcision covers only the immediate postoperative period prior to the infant's discharge from the hospital. The reported risks are hemorrhage in 1%, infection - occasionally leading to sepsis - in 0.5%, meat[iti]s and meatal stenosis, u[r]ethrocutaneous fistula, adhesions between the glans and remaining prepuce, secondary phimosis, and cosmetically unsatisfactory results. The rate of subsequent repeat surgery to correct adhesions of the glans, meatal stenosis, fistula, and phimosis with buried penis is unknown, but our practice at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia includes about two such cases per month. While this is not a large percentage of the total number of circumcisions preformed, it is a significant number of children undergoing surgery for the complication of this operation.

Comment

Unpleasant, but provided the parents are informed of the risks I can live with that.
                    1011 1100

Comment

Because the effect is minuscule and hundreds of millions of men live out full, healthy lives not giving a damn that it happened to them.

This is the problem. The people advocating circumcision appear to be unaware that they are cutting off the most sensitive part of the penis.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Because the effect is minuscule and hundreds of millions of men live out full, healthy lives not giving a damn that it happened to them.

And some live out lives suffering from complications.

Edit: Note to self, read thread first, then reply.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Unpleasant, but provided the parents are informed of the risks I can live with that.

Wow.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Circumcision...you really have to wonder how that caught on in the first place.

Comment

So let me understand this... there is no law against circumcision, but the court declared it illegal anyway?

Are German courts in the habit of making up their own laws?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Like all the best acts of unduly-prolonged stupidity it was because a desert-based schizophrenic 4000 years ago heard voices in his head telling him to kill his son and then cut bits off his genitals.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X