2nd Level German Court: Circumcision illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Also, "An examination of 7 circumcised and 6 uncircumcised 60-96 year-old male cadavers found no difference in keratinization of the glans penis.[11] Bleustein et al. (2003) tested the sensitivity of the glans penis, and found no difference between circumcised and uncircumcised men.[12"
    So out of a huge wikipedia page full of large studies that say the opposite, you quote a study with a sample size of 13?

From the same page:
    In a study by Korean researchers of 255 men circumcised after the age of 20 and 18 who were not circumcised, Kim and Pang reported that masturbatory pleasure decreased in 48% of the respondents and increased in 8%. Masturbatory difficulty increased in 63% but was easier in 37%. They concluded that there was a decrease in masturbatory pleasure after circumcision

Frisch et al. (2011) studied participants in a Danish national health survey, and found that circumcised men were equally likely to report "occasional" orgasm difficulties (29% v 32%), but were more likely to report "frequent" orgasm difficulties (11% v 4%); the difference remained after adjustment for potential confounding factors.

Sorrells et al. (2007), in the study discussed above, measured fine-touch pressure thresholds of the penis, and concluded "The transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. Circumcision ablates" (removes) "the most sensitive parts of the penis." According to Sorrells et al., the five penile areas most sensitive to fine-touch are located on the foreskin.

Boyle et al. (2002) argued that circumcision and frenectomy remove tissues with "heightened erogenous sensitivity," stating "the genitally intact male has thousands of fine touch receptors and other highly erogenous nerve endings—many of which are lost to circumcision."[27] They concluded, "Evidence has also started to accumulate that male circumcision may result in lifelong physical, sexual, and sometimes psychological harm as well."
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If this were mutilation of something of some significance you would have a point. This is a time honored religious practice that has been around for thousands of years.
      Do you realize an identical argument is used by extremists in favour of female circumcision?

Whether ignorant religious people have been doing something for thousands of years is no excuse to do it when you know better.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        So out of a huge wikipedia page full of large studies that say the opposite, you quote a study with a sample size of 13?

From the same page:
        In a study by Korean researchers of 255 men circumcised after the age of 20 and 18 who were not circumcised, Kim and Pang reported that masturbatory pleasure decreased in 48% of the respondents and increased in 8%. Masturbatory difficulty increased in 63% but was easier in 37%. They concluded that there was a decrease in masturbatory pleasure after circumcision

Frisch et al. (2011) studied participants in a Danish national health survey, and found that circumcised men were equally likely to report "occasional" orgasm difficulties (29% v 32%), but were more likely to report "frequent" orgasm difficulties (11% v 4%); the difference remained after adjustment for potential confounding factors.

Sorrells et al. (2007), in the study discussed above, measured fine-touch pressure thresholds of the penis, and concluded "The transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. Circumcision ablates" (removes) "the most sensitive parts of the penis." According to Sorrells et al., the five penile areas most sensitive to fine-touch are located on the foreskin.
        There's conflicting studies. Which tells us that there may be an insignificant difference or maybe none at all.... Like I said, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Do you realize an identical argument is used by extremists in favour of female circumcision?

Whether ignorant religious people have been doing something for thousands of years is no excuse to do it when you know better.
          Godwin

Comment

Godwin
            WTF?

I'm not referring to Naziism in any way.

Comment

• This is what you keep doing, making circumcision out to be cutting off the whole penis or something to that effect. That's not going to fly.

Comment

• That isn't Godwin, it just shows how weak your position is.

As for your reply to my post, I was trying to put the issue as a question of conflicting rights. Just saying, we don't need that discussion, I already know I'm right, is very impolite at best and just reactionary at worst.

Comment

There's conflicting studies. Which tells us that there may be an insignificant difference or maybe none at all.... Like I said, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
                  Yeah, keep believing that.

Look at it this way, Kid. I'm intact and I think you'd be ****ing crazy to cut off the foreskin. I could if I wanted to.

You don't have the choice. Keep telling yourself whatever you want. But if you ask any man with foreskin if he'd get rid of it (even assuming it was pain-free), and no one would say they'd want that.

That should tell you something.

Comment

WTF?

I'm not referring to Naziism in any way.
                    No, but you are saying that since I'm making a similar argument to other (worse?) offenders, that my argument is false. It's the same thing as saying "the Nazi's circumcised too." (I don't know if they did or not).

Comment

No, but you are saying that since I'm making a similar argument to other (worse?) offenders, that my argument is false. It's the same thing as saying "the Nazi's circumcised too." (I don't know if they did or not).
                      Oh my God, your stupidity...

Are you sure they didn't perform a lobotomy in addition to cutting off your manhood?

Comment

Yeah, keep believing that.

Look at it this way, Kid. I'm intact and I think you'd be ****ing crazy to cut off the foreskin. I could if I wanted to.

You don't have the choice. Keep telling yourself whatever you want. But if you ask any man with foreskin if he'd get rid of it (even assuming it was pain-free), and no one would say they'd want that.

That should tell you something.
                        That's because you HAVE foreskin. You seem rather attached to it, and that's fine. I'll put it to you this way, I don't want any foreskin added to my penis, because I like just how it is, and that's fine too.

Comment

That's because you HAVE foreskin. You seem rather attached to it, and that's fine. I'll put it to you this way, I don't want any foreskin added to my penis, because I like just how it is, and that's fine too.
                          That's just because you're ignorant. And ignorance is bliss.

My partner is upset he doesn't have his. Because he sees every day what he's missing.

Comment

That's just because you're ignorant. And ignorance is bliss.

My partner is upset he doesn't have his. Because he sees every day what he's missing.
                            I'm sure he'll get over it, eventually.

Comment

• Sorry, that may have been insensitive of me. I have just never met anyone who was mad because they didn't have foreskin.

Comment

• Yeah, because you and your friends talk about it all the time and see the difference it could make regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X