Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lombardi Handicappers' League 2012

The pool is at: http://lhl.football.cbssports.com

To join the pool go here: http://lhl.football.cbssports.com/e and PM me for the password.

As my first act as Pool Manager, I have changed the Pick Deadline from "One hour before week's first game" to "One hour before day's first game". This means that we are no longer ****ed if we miss the (still stupid) Thursday games.

**Update** However, it appears that CBS added new option or I have been managing in my sleep. Deadlines are now 5 minutes before each game.

As my second act as Pool Manager, I will listen to any objections you may have about my iron-fisted rule and demands for a replacement.

As my third act as Pool Manager, I hereby request feedback as to whether invites should be sent via email to keep it to people we know or using handy-dandy url link (which may or may not require use of the Pool password and thus may or may not be used by the general public).

As my fourth act as Pool Manager, I announce my intent to remove one of the Slowwhands participating in the Pool. There are two of them, and one Slowwhand is more than enough I will either confer with Sloww via PM or remove whichever one does not make his picks.

If you have participated in the League at any time in the past 10 or 11 years you do not need a new invite provided you can still log into that account.

Also, I check here far more than I check LHL or any email that may be associated with it, so for a speedier response post here or send me a PM.

Last edited by ColdWizard; September 6, 2012, 13:49.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Glad someone will be taking charge. My link still works.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I managed to remember my email and password, now if I can remember to make my picks.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Congrats of getting it fixed at last. Let me know if you are looking for new additions once the regulars are sorted out.

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I don't see why not, it is just a pick them league.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
            As my first act as Pool Manager, I have changed the Pick Deadline from "One hour before week's first game" to "One hour before day's first game". This means that we are no longer ****ed if we miss the (still stupid) Thursday games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
              Congrats of getting it fixed at last. Let me know if you are looking for new additions once the regulars are sorted out.

/me
              One of the best things about this League is that it keeps all past regulars. They just have to sign into their CBS account. New people can be added at any time.

Comment

Sweet...sign me up then....or should I be signing myself up?

/me
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

yay

Comment

One suggestion... after we get a better feel for who is playing, it might be worth deleting many of the old people who haven't been around for years
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But they might come back! [insert yeah right smilie here]

PM sent to Sparrow.
                      Last edited by ColdWizard; June 26, 2012, 23:45.

Comment

I'd start out my culling reismark.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Alright, aside from the fact that Sparrowhawk and several variations were already taken, I am now signed up (the first new member in how many years??), though I am signed up as "Ravenhawk315"

I already said this in my PM to Coldwizard, but just so everyone knows, a password is required to be allowed to join the league.

/me

Comment

You're kidding! Really? How unique.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

LOL, he didn't think I would need it, and asked me to let him know

/me

Comment

Working...
                              X