Please pray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray

My six-year-old nephew Cameron went in for tonsil removal yesterday. This morning his parents came in and found him blue and unresponsive. Please, if you pray, pray. If you do not...do whatever you do.

EDIT: He woke up and responded to simple questions in the ambulance. I don't think he's totally out of the woods yet, but thank God.
    Last edited by Elok; June 22, 2012, 07:08.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

I hope all ends well for your nephew, Elok.
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Me too; thanks.
      1011 1100

Comment

When I was a resident we lost a kid after a tonsillectomy. Hope your nephew does well.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
          When I was a resident we lost a kid after a tonsillectomy.
          Same here; they were 2-year-old twins.

The fact that he is awake and responsive is very encouraging news. He's in my thoughts, Elok.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

They don't know what's wrong yet, but he's alert, lively, and on his way to Hopkins where they will put that **** in lockdown. Awesome. Thanks, docs and all.
            1011 1100

Comment

Oh Lord! Prayers being said presently! May God bless him and his (& your) family!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Amen.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  My six-year-old nephew Cameron went in for tonsil removal yesterday. This morning his parents came in and found him blue and unresponsive. Please, if you pray, pray. If you do not...do whatever you do.

EDIT: He woke up and responded to simple questions in the ambulance. I don't think he's totally out of the woods yet, but thank God.
                  I can't imagine many things scarier. I wish him the best of luck

Comment

Thanks again to all of you. It's some form of pneumonia, but he seems to be doing much better. He's out of Hopkins' ICU and into their normal Pediatric unit. Now they just need to figure out what happened.
                    1011 1100

Comment

Damn. What a shocker. Prayers up.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Thanks again to all of you. It's some form of pneumonia, but he seems to be doing much better. He's out of Hopkins' ICU and into their normal Pediatric unit. Now they just need to figure out what happened.
                        Thankfully he's better
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

best wishes
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

What should I pray to? I guess nothing. Or in other words, "I hope he gets better. "

Comment

Please, if you pray, pray. If you do not...do whatever you do.
                              1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X