Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running CTP2 in OSX

Hello all,

I recently came across some old CDs of mine and found my backup for CTP2 that I probably haven't used in at about 5-10 years. I've been following (on and off) all the progress done with the community here (Source Code, AE, AoM, etc) and would like to give the game another go and see what has become of it.

Clearly I was using a Windows machine at the time, but have since switched my primary computer to a Mac (running osx 10.7/Lion, as indicated in the title). I've had some success getting older games to run using Wine or Win/dos emulators, so I thought I would give it a try.

So I was able to get the game to install, using Wine (http://www.winehq.org/), but when trying to run ctp2.exe, the game starts to load (though the cursor wouldn't move) and I get a CTD with an error message (related to Wine, whose forums I'll also be checking out).

I just wanted to see if anyone had similar problems (or successes!) running CTP2 in OSX, or possibly even in a Linux distribution if they were doing it through Wine as well. Any input would be welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks!
Working...
X