No announcement yet.

Obama: I Was 'Born In Kenya'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either Miriam Goderich is lying about making a fact-checking mistake or she mistakenly wrote that he was born in Kenya. Why would she lie about that? Looks like I've just blown your BS story out of the water.

Comment

Wait a tick... what if people have been meaning to say, 'Obama is a Keynesian', but they've had spellckeck bugger it up?
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Either Miriam Goderich is lying about making a fact-checking mistake or she mistakenly wrote that he was born in Kenya. Why would she lie about that? Looks like I've just blown your BS story out of the water.
        Why would she lie to protect her client, who is now president? I wonder.

Comment

IF YOU WANT A LITERARY AGENCY THAT WILL LIE FOR YOU OUTRAGEOUSLY TRY DYSTEL AND GOEDERICH

A limp statement was squirted out yesterday after the Breitbart item appeared that a woman who worked at the time as a low level assistant at Acton and Dystel, then Obama’s agent (and is now the Goederich who is Dystel’s partner) was now taking full responsibility for making an “error.”

As someone who has run a number of top bestseller publishers, I think this is an amazing MIRACLE.

It is the ONLY case I have ever heard of in which an editorial assistant INVENTED a biographical detail. I have heard of typos, wrong dates, misspellings of names. But to pick a really weird country of origin like Kenya for an author?

NEVER.

After all where do the bios come from? We don’t make them up. And neither did Dystel & Goederich. They come from the authors, like Obama. No one has ever invented a detail like that, and the authors usually review them and scream like hell if we get them wrong.

Can Dystel and Goedrich show us the correction appeal letter they got from Obama about the Kenya birth in over 10 years of using this bio? Or any other incident from any other publisher or agent that is similar to this “error?”

I really don’t care where Obama was born. The continued degeneration of the press in passing on hilarious nonsense as fact is a lot more serious problem. Give Dystel & Goederich the Rose Mary Woods Memorial Award for the Most Absurd Lie to Protect a President of the Year.

Thomas Lipscomb
          Senior Fellow
          Annenberg Center for the Digital Future (USC)

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            They're Birther Baiters.
            which is ****ing hilarious when you think about it.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Much ado about nothing.

Sent from Wiglaf's iPhone 4S (Jailbreaked)
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

But when Bush lied about his national guard history, that was a big deal. Okay.

Comment

Bush lied about what now?

Posted from Wiglaf's butt.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Dan Rather and the leftist media threw a ****fit over Bush allegedly lying over his national guard background. He didn't and Rather was fired in disgrace.

Obama lies, or seems to, about being Kenyan and literally no one investigates it outside of Breitbart (and people like Guynemer slander Breitbart as being a birther for doing it).

Comment

Makes sense, the last time the media investigated a sitting president people got fired

Comment

It helped that Rather lied. You are really, really stupid. It has to be said. You are just a very dumb individual, with a troubling lack of logical reasoning capability and a slipping grasp of basic historical facts. You have engaged in four different arguments today and were not even close to making an intelligent point in any one of them. You misunderstood others' arguments with such regularity that your literacy is frankly in question. Everyone in this forum is dumber because you post in it. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                          It helped that Rather lied. You are really, really stupid. It has to be said. You are just a very dumb individual, with a troubling lack of logical reasoning capability and a slipping grasp of basic historical facts. You have engaged in four different arguments today and were not even close to making an intelligent point in any one of them. You misunderstood others' arguments with such regularity that your literacy is frankly in question. Everyone in this forum is dumber because you post in it. I'm sorry, but it's true.
                          I'm not sure if you even know what "lying" means. Maybe you're not in a position to assess whether other people are literate.

Comment

The most serious defects in the reporting and production of the September 8 Segment were:

1. The failure to obtain clear authentication of any of the Killian documents from any document examiner;
                            2. The false statement in the September 8 Segment that an expert had authenticated the Killian documents when all he had done was authenticate one signature from one document used in the Segment;
                            3. The failure of 60 Minutes Wednesday management to scrutinize the publicly available, and at times controversial, background of the source of the documents, retired Texas Army National Guard Lieutenant Colonel Bill Burkett;
                            4. The failure to find and interview the individual who was understood at the outset to be Lieutenant Colonel Burkett’s source of the Killian documents, and thus to establish the chain of custody;
                            5. The failure to establish a basis for the statement in the Segment that the documents "were taken from Colonel Killian’s personal files";
                            6. The failure to develop adequate corroboration to support the statements in the Killian documents and to carefully compare the Killian documents to official TexANG records, which would have identified, at a minimum, notable inconsistencies in content and format;
                            7. The failure to interview a range of former National Guardsmen who served with Lieutenant Colonel Killian and who had different perspectives about the documents;
                            8. The misleading impression conveyed in the Segment that Lieutenant Strong had authenticated the content of the documents when he did not have the personal knowledge to do so;
                            9. The failure to have a vetting process capable of dealing effectively with the production speed, significance and sensitivity of the Segment; and
                            10. The telephone call prior to the Segment’s airing by the producer of the Segment to a senior campaign official of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry — a clear conflict of interest — that created the appearance of a political bias.

. In the 60 Minutes segment, anchor Dan Rather stated: "We are told [the documents] were taken from Lieutenant Colonel Killian’s personal files"[10] and incorrectly asserted that "the material" had been authenticated by experts retained by CBS.[11]
                            He lied. And you are a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                              He lied. And you are a ******.
                              Your claims would make sense in a universe without human error. Lying is a deliberate act. Moron.

Comment

Did you go to college? If so, which one? what did you major in, and how much scholarship funding did you receive? Graduate school?

Comment

Working...
                                X